• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheChilliRat's 2011 Grow Log

Ok, First organized grow this year, already started some plants, but I'm holding off on the rest cos' ive ran out of room inside and its far to cold to be even letting them thinkabout going outside yet. I also have some overwintered cayenne types from last season.

My plants this year shall be:

Trinidad Scorpion
Naga Morich
Bhut Jolokia Red
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Red 7 Pot/Pod
White Habanero
Scotch Bonnet
Ring of Fire
JalapeƱo

So far I've started on my Scorps, the Morich and my first batch of scotch bonnets, I've got eight small scorps going strong but only one very sickly Naga morich (it got a roll of carpet dropped on it, all chilli growing should be done away from family members) Although I'm hopeful it will make a come back when the temp goes up a bit here, also only one scotch bonnet came through which also took ill and died, but I've got more reliable seeds waiting in the wings for spring.

100_2273.jpg

100_2272.jpg

100_2271.jpg

Four days ago i started off my Jalapeno seeds with the paper towel method (these will be the ones to occupy my plot outside, the rest will be in pots)
They germinated fast so today i moved the seeds to a seed tray with a good seed compost.

I shall put up some more recent pictures of the scorps tomorrow.

Ah yes. Look at those beautiful little babies. It looks like you are off to a good start! I didn't get my hands on the yellow and chocolate bhut for this season, but I will have it for next season. What type of scotch bonnet are you growing??

Ah yes. Look at those beautiful little babies. It looks like you are off to a good start! I didn't get my hands on the yellow and chocolate bhut for this season, but I will have it for next season. What type of scotch bonnet are you growing??

I'm not sure exactly, just labelled as your generic "scotch bonnet" But i've had a taste of the pods, they're a good size and have that distinctive bonnet taste with a good heat.

OK, more recent pics of my Scorps (took um' today!) and one of my overwintered cayenne type, I'm letting it flower again now that it has built up some good foliage.
100_2376.jpg

100_2377.jpg

100_2372.jpg

After all the talk about your sick plants the ones in those latest pics look very very healthy indeed ! nice work

After all the talk about your sick plants the ones in those latest pics look very very healthy indeed ! nice work

Hah thanks, yeah they're my scorps, they seem to be thriving here!
I'll put up a pic of my Morich, a very unhappy looking plant at the moment, but there are signs of new growth so i think it will make a come back.

OK, some up close pics of my overwintered cayenne (quite a lot of blossoms)
100_2384.jpg

Spot the pod?
100_2385.jpg

And now some of my rather battered Naga Morich
100_2388.jpg

But, some promising new growth!
100_2392.jpg

Back