• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Thermostat w/ plugs ?

I struggled trying to decide what type of medium to use to germinate. I finally decided at the last min to buy the plugs. I also got heat mats and a thermostat. All was well until I got home and started to wonder how do you use the probe of the thermostat with plugs? With diet you just stick the probe in the soil but how do you use it with plugs?

I either fit the end of the probe in between two plugs or gently into the side of a plug about 2/3 toward the top of one of the center plugs.

I use the plugs as well and sacrifice one of them. I place the probe in the middle of the plug towards the middle of the tray and you're good to go.

my trays have little holes that I put my probe into.... LOL... That sounds funny.
I'm sure Sicman or JayT will chime in on my comment! :D

I use the plugs as well and sacrifice one of them. I place the probe in the middle of the plug towards the middle of the tray and you're good to go.

Ooh can't see myself sacrificing a plug lol well maybe, they're epensive I spent like $80 for 400 of em.How have the plugs worked for ya? How long do they keep zipped up in plastic bags ?

I used them last year for the first and they worked really well. I still have about 50 pc leftover and seem to be fine. I'll order up some more real soon.

Back