• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

They are in Dirt!!!

Well I rushed them into hardening off and have a few leaves that have sun spots on them, but overall they are looking good. I have 3 of my 4 beds full and plan on filling the 4th on Friday. Here are some pics of what I have so far...

First Bed: Caribbean Red Hab, Chocolate Hab, Yellow (Lemon) Hab Orange Hab, Peach Hab, White Hab and Jamaican Hot Chocolate
May2009005.jpg

Second Bed: Tomatoes Early Girl, Hungarian Italian, Santa Clara Canner, Sugary and Giant Belgium
May2009009.jpg

Third Bed: 7 Pod, Bhut Jolokia, Fatilii, Tepin, Trinidad Scorpion, Tobasco and Datil
May2009064.jpg

Paul...things look great...your beds look great too...first picture I have seen of them in a long time...hope they do you good...and best of luck this grow season...

Thanks AJ...I am however, a little jealous that you have already had a first harvest. It must be great living down there. I know I sure do miss TX.

Love the beds. I'm old enough now to appreciate that less bending is better.

I was also wondering if they're a bit close. I know mine were kinda close too... when they were in the ground. I do like to cram as many as possible in whatever space I have for my "good dirt".

Gorgeous setup there Freak. They do look a little close, but they'll just end up supporting each other. It's going to be a solid mass of green in a few months. Those will be some amazing pics I'm thinking.

Looks great PepperFreak! What kind of spacing did you do in those? I did something similar it seems, as I read somewhere that commercial fields space pretty closely, around 12 inches. I don't mind sacrificing a little size in my plants if I can get more in the space. I agree with BigT, they'll lean on each other to support the gazillions of pods you'll have forming:)

Paul, do you think you'll have any issue with them being so close.

I only ask because I'm thinking of trying to cram a couple more peppers in my garden.

You're going to have four little jungles in your own yard. All of them full of good things to eat. Can it get much better than that? I don't think so.

I can only imagine what they are going to look like in a couple of months. You won't have to worry about weeds either, no sunlight is going to penetrate that canopy.

Just thousands of pods. :lol:

Good luck!

Thank for all of the replies. Caroltlw, you are correct, less bending is GREAT!

As for the spacing, I repeated the same as I used last year, which worked great. I also read somewhere about spacing them 12" apart. The only thing that I did different this year is I added an extra row in each bed, I managed to do this by placing the outside rows 6" from the outside wall and still maintaining 12" spacing between plants. I had huge harvests last year and patrick is correct, no need to weed. :) I believe in maximizing all available space and my space is limited, unfortunately.

Here are some pics from last year...
DSCF2765.jpg

DSCF2767.jpg

imaguitargod said:
I remember those planters! They still look awesome a year later. The plants look great!!!!! Nice work sir.

Thanks Iggy...I'm planning on finishing up my last bed Friday and filling up my buckets over the weekend. My only concern so far is a little bit of sun scald, since I rushed the hardening off process. Mostly due to the crappy Ohio weather we had been having. At least the plants that have some signs of sun scald are showing signs of new growth.

Back