They look great, but...

OKGrowin said:
if it were me i would trim some of those 5" monster leaves to let the new growth come in stronger, hopefully new branches.

You guys are just weird, suggesting this when the concern was already about them growing bushy instead of taller.  The plants do not need trimmed.  They are responding perfectly to the light available.  Don't stunt the guy's potential grow just to try to promote a medium pepper yield instead of a large one. 

This isn't quite Canada we're talking about.  Homes County is only ~ 100 miles NE of me, the plant will have plenty of time to fork off naturally, many times before the first fall frost... unless the weather is unusually cold this fall which is anyone's guess.

This is highly debatable which is why in my comment is specifically said "if it were me" 

I would counter to say that the plant already obviously wants to bush out, trimming the bigger leaves that are taking up lots of the plants energy might help it grow side shoots faster leading to a bigger plant quicker than just leaving it. From what i've seen when a plant does this it kills off the big leaves soon or later to make room for new growth anyway.

Dave2000 said:

You guys are just weird, suggesting this when the concern was already about them growing bushy instead of taller.  The plants do not need trimmed.  They are responding perfectly to the light available.  Don't stunt the guy's potential grow just to try to promote a medium pepper yield instead of a large one. 

Back