• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Things are getting ripe in SD

Sept and Oct is picking time on the coast in San Diego. 80 in the day, high 60;s at night. It is the best time here, for sure. Well here is my 3rd batch., almost halfway there. Boy, it seemed like a good idea 9 months ago. Second thoughts, not!

bigpick2_zpsa9b88dab.jpg

beautiful spread! and that looks like a lot of work to process, so get on it, yeah?

[I'm just taking a break after putting a small batch of ají amarillo sauce in jars and into the steam bath.]

Indeed it is. Just processed my batch of Chocolate Habaneros and 7 Pots from Yesterdays harvest. Got them batched and frozen or in the Dehydrator. Making a batch of Fresh Jamaican Jerk later in the week. It is sand granules next to your pile!

IMAG0360_zpsa3af9279.jpg

IMAG0361_zps27013d82.jpg

Is this a Douglah or Brown?

IMAG0348_zpsf8590b48.jpg

still slowly working my way through the peppers you gave me last week. Looks awesome!

Wow, nice harvest! That puts my output to shame. Especially considering most of mine aren't ripe yet, and it's getting cooler.... :scared:

Kalimazoop[, my Douglahs (which I have more of them anything else) branch out like the one you posted. About 3-4 ft tall. The Browns I have are closer to 6 ft and not as bushy. Here are two pods.Brown on the right. The Browns are slightly less red, more brown and have a rounder edges with less acne. II guess I will try them both tonight.
b1d1_zpsf36f9bdd.jpg

I had relatives in Az. Used to go there as a kid and look for snakes. I went from snakes to rare lizards to wine to peppers. I guess it is from getting older.

Back