• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

thinking about buying some Blair's 16 Million Reserve...

thinking about buying some Blair's 16 Million Reserve...
should i. i want to get a bottle now, then when i pay it off my credit card maybe get a second one for use in chili and what not. i just need some help in making my decsion if i get it it will be like half my credit limit lol

I agree with the cap. Buy one to collect, but I wouldn't get one to cook with. Not sure how well the crystals in the 16 million would dissolve (probably not well at all unless the chili was very oily).

my .02

-=john=-

i know its a crystal it looks pretty much like kosher salt doesnt it. thanks for the auction link i might bid on it but i think when all is said and done with the shipping and the bidding it will be close to 200$ anyway so i probably wont save that much money but ill keep and eye on it

imaguitargod][quote=Ryan Bell][quote=Tina Brooks said:
I just don't get the collector market.

Haven't you said that quite a few times already. 😉 :D[/quote]
Ok, I'm going to have to say it, I don't get this. :)

Is this art?[/quote]

I thought it was Ryan.

T

imaguitargod][quote=Ryan Bell][quote=Tina Brooks said:
I just don't get the collector market.

Haven't you said that quite a few times already. 😉 :D[/quote]
Ok, I'm going to have to say it, I don't get this. :)

Is this art?[/quote]

Having something that's rare and cool is worth a lot of money to some people. It's about as simple as that.

"Have you ever heard of Blair's 6AM?
"Yeah, it's the hottest sauce in the world"
"I own two bottles of that sauce"

That in and of itself is worth $ to some people. It's COOL to have one...much less an unopened one.

"I have the first one ever made". Same thing. That's cool to some people.

If you don't value rarity, you'll never understand.

It's the same reason I collect baseball cards (dating back to 1909 T-206 cards), and my friend collects rare cars. It's cool to have something rare.

:)

I suppose it's got something to do with having my house burn down two years ago. Losing everything I own might be conducive to my not even wanting to collect dust anymore. :)

All the power to you guys who do collect. It gives guys like Blair an outlet for their creativity and guys like MSK a fun way to do something great for the world.

T

Tina Brooks said:
I suppose it's got something to do with having my house burn down two years ago. Losing everything I own might be conducive to my not even wanting to collect dust anymore. :)

All the power to you guys who do collect. It gives guys like Blair an outlet for their creativity and guys like MSK a fun way to do something great for the world.

T

Tina, I think that you are starting to understand hot sauce collecting!! :)

Eating the Crystal

PicantePut said:
I have always thought about getting one my self but not to eat! Maybe one of these days...

Nick from sweatnspice told me he did eat one crystal.. He said it was like getting his tongue pierced, again.. LOL

Cheers,

Back