seeds This Is Amazing! Is This Slowest Germination You've Seen?

So i sowed 3 peach ghost scorpion seeds in 225ml cups back on january 21st.
i later put them into clear 525ml cups, one seedling per cup. (or so i thought)

I went to repot and ghost scorpion earlier and look what i noticed
zhSbbxr.jpg

look closer
7dlxAwR.jpg

so five months after being sown, this dormant seed that was  in the soil along with my seedling decided to pop.
not only that, it actually looked pretty damn healthy!

Thought this was pretty cool and wanted to share

I'm amazed it managed to germinate in those conditions! You'll need to be really careful about detaching it from the soil though, for a variety of reasons. Especially since a peach bhut jolokia isn't really a variety you want to let go to waste :D

Really amazing!!

I saw 3 TS in Apr' so i guess that there is something to wait for ( all the other peppers potted up)
Really amazing!!

I saw 3 TS in Apr' so i guess that there is something to wait for ( all the other peppers potted up)

Jupiter said:
I'm amazed it managed to germinate in those conditions! You'll need to be really careful about detaching it from the soil though, for a variety of reasons. Especially since a peach bhut jolokia isn't really a variety you want to let go to waste :D
it got chucked.. i've got 2 peach ghost scorpion plants.. and it's a bit late to be nurturing seedlings.

I am pretty sure millworkman beats you for the longest germination. My memory is pretty foggy but I think it was him who had a bunch of seeds germinate from a mouldy mass months and months after being forgotten about .. Maybe it wasn't him but it was someone on here.... Hmmm to much Guinness for me tonight ;)

Did it even have access to any light? Or did it germinate on the inside of the side of the cup like that? Amazing regardless. Tough little guy.

There is also a possibility it's not a chile plant at all. Bags of potting soil (as well as other soils) sometimes have stray stuff in them, including random seeds that eventually sprout. I'd suggest separating it and keeping an eye on it. While it's cotyledons are the same shape as those of a chile, you can't 100% tell from them what the plant is going to end up as. 

geeme said:
There is also a possibility it's not a chile plant at all. Bags of potting soil (as well as other soils) sometimes have stray stuff in them, including random seeds that eventually sprout. I'd suggest separating it and keeping an eye on it. While it's cotyledons are the same shape as those of a chile, you can't 100% tell from them what the plant is going to end up as. 
there were chilli seeds in the soil that hadn't germinated, i'm pretty sure it's a chilli. no separating it, i culled it.

Arkennon said:
Did it even have access to any light? Or did it germinate on the inside of the side of the cup like that? Amazing regardless. Tough little guy.
clear plastic cup it was in.

Back