• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

this is messed up...

I am still on my quest to make pepper extract. Here in Ohio Everclear is outlawed. (So I have to go to a different state to get it) But I talked with a buddy of mine, who is a pharmacist, and found out I can special order "crystal cap" through him. I can't get the alcohol to make it but I can buy the pure stuff that you need hazmat to deal with??? a lil confusing but yet amusing.... Just think of the HOT stuff I could make with that :lol: :mouthonfire:

whooaahhh!!!! Dyce, you mean the 15-16 million SHU stuff!!?? :lol: did it take you more than a gazillionth of a second to place an order? :mouthonfire:

If it's the pure cap crystals (15 million SHU), then you do NOT want to mess with that stuff.

But yes, Everclear is not sold in Ohio but pure cap is sold all across the nation. Its stupid government BS that constantly goes on. Just like in Ohio I can get Psilocybe mushroom spores shipped to me, but not here in California. Stupid stuff.

yes it is the pure capsicum powder (white crystals) my supplier told me for enough to fill about 1/3 of a shot glass (i forget how may ml) will cost $550 (believe me I have no plans of playing with this stuff...Defcon already warned me about a year or so ago). But he also told me of a liquid version that he can get which is almost pure (he said that the test results for scolvile and something else is included). He sadi it is the absolute highest concetration possible in liquid form. That costs $175.00 for about 1/4 cup. He also said that he will check for me but he's almost positive he can get me pure grain alcohol (no additives to it) to make my own extract. Oh yeah I almost forgot I got a price of $7.00 for a "chunk" of dry ice. So I am moving closer to making the pepper extract!!!

Dyce51 said:
I am still on my quest to make pepper extract. Here in Ohio Everclear is outlawed. (So I have to go to a different state to get it) But I talked with a buddy of mine, who is a pharmacist, and found out I can special order "crystal cap" through him. I can't get the alcohol to make it but I can buy the pure stuff that you need hazmat to deal with??? a lil confusing but yet amusing.... Just think of the HOT stuff I could make with that :lol: ;)

100 proof vodka works....been there done that, ;) it's fairly inexpensive and if this is yer first go-round making extract, I'd recommend using affordable ingredients to experiment with until you get the hang of it.

Back