• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

This pepper just owned me..

So I can eat habaneros and scotch bonnets whole, not a problem. I'll feel the warmth, a pleasant burn, but it's totally barable and enjoyable. I will NEVER get overwhelmed or even close to "ow this really hurts" with habaneros and scotch bonnets. Then I just ate one of these whole...

http://i48.tinypic.com/18kkkz.jpg

I grabbed it from a bin full of bonnets and habs at my local supermarket. I did not take any precautions and simply ate the whole pod after having barely ate anything other than some fruit.

....THE PAIN. My eyes started tearing, and I could barely speak without drooling and babbling like a man without a tongue; this rarely happens unless it's something beyond 350k SHU. Felt like 600k - 700k. And the pain got really bad in my stomach..... and 45 minutes later, it still hurts, but at least I don't feel sick anymore.

Oh man, this has to be one of those weird freak caribbean peppers, and very likely a close relative of the Trinidad Scorpion. It looks very similar, just that it has smooth flesh (none of grainy texutre).

Owwwwww.............
:mouthonfire:

Looks like my caribbean red habs. They're supposed to be hotter than regular orange or reds. Idk about 600k, but I can say for sure they are hotter than my orange habs, taste a lot better too. How was the flavor of this one?

Looks like my caribbean red habs. They're supposed to be hotter than regular orange or reds. Idk about 600k, but I can say for sure they are hotter than my orange habs, taste a lot better too. How was the flavor of this one?

I have Caribben Red Habaneros growing in my backyard. They are still green but fully grown. This pepper looks different (even though the Carib Reds DO have a small tail, the tails aren't as long and curvy as this one's).

By the way, there were TWO of them. I ate one whole, but the one I took a photo of is the one I am saving for tomorrow.

Back