• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid This vendor calls himself out when he discusses the real origin of the Chocolate Primotalii

It's actually a BBM x primotalli red.
If it crossed in your buddies garden... how can you be certain it is a BBM x Primotalii Red? If you said your buddy made the cross or hand pollinated it... I would definitely say that would have some weight to it. Still, how did Chris Saunders come into the picture as the hybridizer/finder/selector? Seeing as Chris Saunders is in the UK and you are in Colorado... something seems amiss.

The real meat and potatoes here seems to be that there are multiple stories for how this one came to be and the only thing that rings true is that no person made the cross and therefore not much can be said for it in the way of what it is or isn't.

Crossed on accident, he gave Pickles a bunch of primotalli seeds that he grew out. I got the original seeds that I gave him from someone else. He grew them out after I did.

IMG_4143.JPG

What's the point of his so called "isolation technique" if he doesn't even know what he's growing? Or even have the morals to pay seeds back forward of an accidental hybrid he found.......that aren't even stable.

Last edited:
Back