This was a bizarre year for growing

it's been the cool, rainy Scottish weather most of the summer that have set me back.  It's just now that I'm really starting to get activity as far as blooming/podding and I started most of my plants in February

If my germination wasn't so screwed up this year by "life" it would have been a great year for isolation. Plants are loaded with no color and now the dog days of summer decide to show up. Normally they show up about the time I start isolation early on and make defoliation a PITA
The fiance said next year will be a group effort so hopefully it will be a great year all around

I got lucky.  Despite the cooler than avg. temperature slowing down ripening, the upside was reduced watering and no discernible reduction in # of pepper pods... so far.  If the cooler weather keeps up and frost comes earlier than usual this year it will cost a significant % of pods making it to maturity. 

Okra is another story, it's only half the size it should have been due to not sprouting until it warmed up enough outside.  (I direct sew it in the ground.)

Back