• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Thoughts on garlic planting!

I'm starting to plan on what I want for garlic. What kind of garlic do you guys plant? Where do you order from? I did order a few different kinds from seed savers. I'm trying to do small amounts of various kinds this comming year. Then pick my fav!:rolleyes:

I am trying to grow some garlic this year for my first time...got some in soil and some in potting soil with my tomatos...so far, they don't seem to be doing well...I don't remember what kind I got but I got them from Burpee...we will see what the fall brings...

I believe garlic is best when planted in the fall, but don't quote me on that. I stuck a bunch of cloves in the ground one spring and they didn't do much more than produce a ton more individual cloves. I think to get heads you've got to plant them out in the fall.

As far as varieties, I'm not sure other than Elephant garlic is a fun one. I like the bigger sweeter cloves sometimes as a welcome change from regular garlic. Also, they're very easy to prepare because of the clove size, and it's a very mild garlic.

I love pretty much any garlic though!

Back