• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

three cotyledons

apparantly not that uncommon, but however it was my first : some of my seedlings appeared to have three cotyledons. Of what I have read so far less than regarded normal (peppers two) usually gives weaker plants, more than regarderd normal not weaker but not spectacularly better either. One was fused together like an acer/maple leaf, the other was more like clover/shamrock; As with shamrock I will regard this extra leaf shear luck, so double luck for me in 2008

Unfortunately I don't have the variety names : one was found in my 'waste' (I only keep max three seedlings per variety, the rest is 'thrown' anonymously in a bigger container that I can give away), the other was in a container that someone tripped over and was anonymised that way ...
Luckely our peppers have very characteristic shapes, colours and taste so I should be able to 'track them down' later in the season.

Should I keep seeds from them (does this behavior 'stick' over generations ?) They will get special attention anyhow ;-)

Oh yeah, a picture says more than a thousand words ;-)
img2736pd6.jpg

hmmm, those look like they will produce many many many pods!!!

, if they are a hot variety might a have some seeds for good luck?

I just had the same happen with some peach habs, they didnt make it, but yours look like much more sturdy little beggars.

Back