• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Throw Heat's 2024 Pain Factory

This thread is going to be a photo dump of my 2024 season. Expect lots and lots of photos as things progress throughout the summer.

IMG_0824.jpeg

Luna is already on guard duty just 2 days after transplanting.

IMG_0823.jpeg

Big Olive Mama. This was a personal favorite from 2023, and I knew I had to grow them again this year.

IMG_0819.jpeg

MA Purple. This is my first year growing this variety. I'm definitely loving the purple foliage on this one.

IMG_0818.jpeg

White Knight. This was a freebie seed pack that was thrown in with one of my orders, and since I seem to have incredible luck with freebie seeds, I had to grow them this year.

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1343.jpeg

IMG_1346.jpeg

IMG_1347.jpeg

Finally got to experience the Beast last night, and after doing so, I'm really glad I didn't chop this plant down earlier in the season. Because it was the ugliest plant in my garden -- and still is -- but the pods it produces are so menacingly beautiful.

Thick walled, oily, super fragrant, and dumb hot. My whole house smelled like this pepper after dicing it up, and 15 pieces on my tofu banh mi sandwiches was more than enough to light me up and taste the Beast in every bite.

IMG_1421.jpeg

Peach 7 Pot. I'm not sure how true these are, but I like the color and the shape. If they have heat and good flavor, I'm keeping seeds for next year.

IMG_1418.jpeg

MA Purple

IMG_1417.jpeg
|

White Knight. These definitely aren't like any of the photos I've seen of this variety. But the seeds were a freebie pack, and I'm really impressed with the productivity of this plant. So I'm keeping seeds and seeing what pops next year.

IMG_3092.jpeg

The inside of an immaculate Big Mustard Mama. I'm officially a big fan of this variety and will be growing it again next year.

IMG_1469.jpeg

The first of many jars full of dried pods. This one is mostly BMM and Beast, with a bunch of other varieties mixed in.

Back