• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest TIE BREAKER VOTE! Combo de Mayo Throwdown

What makes the best regional Mexican combo plate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
The last poll ended 12-12!

Two titans. SumOfMyBits (6 Crowns) v. JayT (4 Crowns)

A real heavyweight battle here!

24 hour poll!

DOS épico combinación platos!

Members, please vote for your favorite combo plate.

Which plate best represents the region and works as a whole?
Which plate would you be most likely to order?

Each entrant combined one popular dish and one lesser known dish from a particular region of Mexico to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. How did they do? The originality of the drink can be factored into your vote if you choose, but beer or tequila is just as celebratory.

VOTE!

You know, no matter, what these were two awesome entries. Sum brought it like always, and I stepped it up a bit this time. I am still eating leftovers, and they are still yum. Good luck Sum.

Gah - it's so hard to pick one. I hated to vote as it implies the other isn't deserving.

I went with JayT's Carnitas because that's what I had for lunch and the flavor is still fresh in mind.

It was really that close. Hell of a TD entry from both - awesome fish there Sum. Would love to try that.

Went with authenticity based on the requirements, and chose Sum's fish.
That comes across like saying J's dish isn't authentic just because you're not familiar with it. The whole point was to include one item that people aren't familiar with, so I'm confused as to your line of thinking.

Hurry! Poll almost closed.

Here's how I'm voting.

I definitely want the fish, and that drenched sandwich. Awesomeness.
So now to the counterparts.
I want the pazole, even though it is pork again with Jay's, instead of the chalipa. Sounds pretty tasty.
So JayT gets the vote!
BOTH had awesome spreads with fresh sauces and cocktails.

Congrats to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back