food Tilapia + jalapeno recipe?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, or if requests are frowned upon. Googling for recipes with jalapenos is bringing me pages worth of things to do with it that don't involve a whole fish, like breading it.

I have a whole tilapia in the fridge at home and some jalapenos. Improvising isn't my forte (though I've eaten some good tasting accidents) so thought I'd see if you guys had any suggestions.

My plan was to basically take a baked salmon recipe, throw some sliced jalapenos on/in the tilapia, and cook according to that. Is that the best use of the fish and the jalapenos? Or are there any super secret jalapeno cooking methods that are better than "throw them at it and see what heat and flavour sticks"?

There are many things you could do but I no longer eat Tilapia. You could take a piece of aluminum foil and cut a thin slice of butter length wise, about an 1/8th in. thick, place it on the foil. Salt and pepper the filet, slice the Jalapeno thin and mix with the zest of a 1/2 lime. Add that over the fish, close the foil and bake or grill until done.

Make sure the foil sheet is large enough to enclose the fish while leaving plenty of separation from top of fish and foil, like a tent.

roast, grill or char the jalapenos first, then do like Joyner's suggested. You could even grill/char some onions also

Back