• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Time to Plant Out?

Climate change isn't a scam. I can't believe how many deniers we have! It doesn't matter really though. We should be treating our Earth much better regardless.
Climate change isnt a scam at all. The climate has been changing since day dot (just mad made climate change is). Scam was probably not the right word. But I cant believe in something as rediculous as it is. All you have to do is look at history, it proves that everything you see today has happened before. And allot of the times before the industrial age. People believe in it because they dont research for themselves and generally have a short memory. I just wish everyone would look into the facts.

In 1974 the times magazine had some American skyscrapers covered in ice (edited of course) because they believed we were going into an ice age after 20 years of cooling. Then they thought it was global warming from 1975-2000 due to increaded temperatures. Now as global temps begin to plateu or decline since 2000 they cant explain it. So they call it climate change as global warming is purely isnt apparent now. Look up temperature epicycles. I believe we will cool till 2020-2025 then warm again for another epicycle.

Saying all that we should care for the planet, as I surely do, and in most cases more thoroughly then others. Certain resources are scarce, etc. Dont pollute, recycle, waste nothing, I do my best to follow these.

few links here
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=times+magazine+ice+age&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=761&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=BykyfBu-O1AUuM:&imgrefurl=http://www.climate4you.com/ClimateAndHistory%25201950-1999.htm&docid=3jUnjMZZXBti-M&imgurl=http://www.climate4you.com/images/1974%252520NewIceAgeComing.jpg&w=880&h=411&ei=Jy9hT6rINOSAmQX2ruilCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=140&vpy=315&dur=5437&hovh=153&hovw=329&tx=227&ty=95&sig=109654342449702366619&page=1&tbnh=78&tbnw=168&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=times+magazine+ice+age&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=761&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=eUC3_NyBTWheVM:&imgrefurl=http://seeker401.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/time-magazine-june-1974-another-ice-age/&docid=5L6DyFdfG-sqwM&imgurl=http://seeker401.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/ice_age_babylon.jpg&w=400&h=401&ei=Jy9hT6rINOSAmQX2ruilCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=709&vpy=279&dur=905&hovh=225&hovw=224&tx=91&ty=252&sig=109654342449702366619&page=1&tbnh=127&tbnw=126&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=times+magazine+ice+age&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=761&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=eKjn8pVyz5_EtM:&imgrefurl=http://thetruthpeddler.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/in-the-1970s-the-scare-was-a-coming-ice-age/&docid=J3i9t-cM2PikOM&imgurl=http://thetruthpeddler.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/global-cooling.jpg&w=400&h=527&ei=Jy9hT6rINOSAmQX2ruilCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=177&vpy=119&dur=2242&hovh=258&hovw=196&tx=100&ty=152&sig=109654342449702366619&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=104&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Saying all that we should care for the planet, as I surely do, and in most cases more thoroughly then others. Certain resources are scarce, etc. Dont pollute, recycle, waste nothing, I do my best to follow these.

I figured this is something we all can agree on :) . I don't want to get into a debate over climate change. I'm with the scientific consciousness that man affects the climate to a significant and measurable degree. I suppose we only disagree on the cause of the rapid climate change we are experiencing. Oh, and I don't like any political parties, so I have no political bias (if anything close to a libertarian). I know about the history of our Earth from the geology classes I've taken.

Edit and PS: One thing that helps the environment is growing chiles!

I figured this is something we all can agree on :) . I don't want to get into a debate over climate change. I'm with the scientific consciousness that man affects the climate to a significant and measurable degree. I suppose we only disagree on the cause of the rapid climate change we are experiencing. I know about the history of our Earth from the geology classes I've taken.
Glad we can agree on that. But I wouldnt say that we are experiencing rapid climate change. The earth is in fact (believe it or not) the most stable as it has been in 40 years. We have had many instances today that we have had in the past. I guess the biggest thing that ticks me off is when some of the people who get paid to promote the whole idea label the scpetics 'climate change deniers'. I would never deny climate change.

I think I have looked far too much into it though, just when I heard the major governments were going to make money out of it, I thought it was time to take a closer look. Found alot of information, but dont get me started haha ;)

Edit and PS: One thing that helps the environment is growing chiles!

It sure does! ;)

In 1974 the times magazine had some American skyscrapers covered in ice (edited of course) because they believed we were going into an ice age after 20 years of cooling. Then they thought it was global warming from 1975-2000 due to increaded temperatures. Now as global temps begin to plateu or decline since 2000 they cant explain it. So they call it climate change as global warming is purely isnt apparent now. Look up temperature epicycles. I believe we will cool till 2020-2025 then warm again for another epicycle.

I think they changed it from global warming to climate change because the term was misleading. We will have more extreme weather. We have already felt this on the East Coast with hurricanes. According to geological history we should be headed towards an ice age. Looks like they overstated it in 1974.

Just wanted to say the weather was looking real nice the next few days so please lets not get into a "global climate changing warm" discussion K?

AJ, why you posting San Diego's weather?

I think they changed it from global warming to climate change because the term was misleading. We will have more extreme weather. We have already felt this on the East Coast with hurricanes. According to geological history we should be headed towards an ice age. Looks like they overstated it in 1974.
They are overstating it now too unfortunately. But like I said there is no point getting me started.

Just wanted to say the weather was looking real nice the next few days so please lets not get into a "global climate changing warm" discussion K?

AJ, why you posting San Diego's weather?
Sorry Patrick, glad your getting some good weather mate and good luck for the season ;)

I don't want to debate climate change, but a short public service announcement:

I'm glad I didn't go into climate science. There are so many issues with public relations right now that everyone in the field is being heavily scrutinized and attacked for simply doing their jobs, and the misinformation out there is mind-boggling. Don't blame the scientists, blame our stupid PR people and the politicians who don't know what they're talking about.

I feel that sometimes politicians and the public are uncomfortable with the fact that scientific communities are internally monitored and scrutinized, so accusations of conspiracy arise. We're all human, there are bad eggs in every bunch and hiccups are part of the process. I wish the community as a whole wasn't judged by the actions of a few, but as humans we are more inclined to acknowledge and remember the extreme examples in our mind, which is exactly why so many people have a trouble with climate science. This is an anomalously warm winter, yes. Lovely, in fact. Doesn't mean anything without looking at the global perspective over with time scales well beyond human memory and experience. Climate science modeling is disgustingly complicated, so the only way we'll know for sure what time X is going to be like is to wait and see. The best we can do is offer our predictions and suggest possible outcomes, alternatives, and ways to mitigate the damage. We, regrettably, leave it up to the politicians to deal with the clusterf**k that is climate policy.

Now let's all just forget about it, for the sake of my poor climate science colleagues, and have a beer. :drunk:

I didn't know enough about it till I saw a weather monitor station at a firehouse, 2 ambulances where parked in front of it, They where running, exhaust was blowing out right next to the data collector!!!! So I watched Al Gore lie in his pseudomentury.
Climate Change is real, Global Warming is a GIANT SCAM TO BILK BILLIONS FROM US.
....http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/11/12/global-temperature-chart-not-gore-s-movie.....http://youtu.be/agyjz9pZfB4.... Sorry but greenies FAIL!!!!!!

thanks again prehensile :) People really should do themselves a favour and actually check out the raw data. To many people sit back and parrot what they here from governments and corrupt scientists. All the BS must stop before we trully eff up our economy with new largely unproductive technologies based on false science and rediculous assumptions.

:banghead:

As I said, there are bad eggs. The truth will out. The hockey-stick curve was discredited in the scientific community, the original data was not destroyed, rather it was tweaked using standard methodology*, and Al Gore misrepresents data in his documentary, that we agree on.

You *should* feel frustrated by politicians manipulating the science to suit their own agenda (not that the reasons for doing so are inherently bad), but the science itself is largely sound. Climate modeling, again, is disgustingly complicated, but I trust our climate scientists to make their best effort. I don't know a damn about fixing cars, but I trust my mechanic. Doesn't mean I don't check to make sure he doesn't pull a fast one on me, but if we go around constantly doubting each other no progress will ever be made.

*Granted, I think the Climate Research Unit is also the one accused of manipulating data, so... *sighs* this is what happens when politics gets caught up in the scientific process.

:banghead:

As I said, there are bad eggs. The truth will out. The hockey-stick curve was discredited in the scientific community, the original data was not destroyed, rather it was tweaked using standard methodology*, and Al Gore misrepresents data in his documentary, that we agree on.

You *should* feel frustrated by politicians manipulating the science to suit their own agenda (not that the reasons for doing so are inherently bad), but the science itself is largely sound. Climate modeling, again, is disgustingly complicated, but I trust our climate scientists to make their best effort. I don't know a damn about fixing cars, but I trust my mechanic. Doesn't mean I don't check to make sure he doesn't pull a fast one on me, but if we go around constantly doubting each other no progress will ever be made.

*Granted, I think the Climate Research Unit is also the one accused of manipulating data, so... *sighs* this is what happens when politics gets caught up in the scientific process.
LOL I am a mechanic, BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!! lots of idiots say they know how to fix cars.........

edited to make sure i dont help pull this thread off track :) cheers

Oh and Patrick we are having some awesome weather here too! Not sure how long it will last but im taking full advantage of this sunshine!

Please stop
Every global warming thread here in the past has been closed due to arguments. We aren't supposed to talk politics or religion here and this topic sort of deals with both

Well one of the first signs of summer hasn't shown up yet so I'm going to keep the plants inside. But as soon as I see the ex out sunbathing them plants are out!

My plants are out right now getting used to the sunlight - zone 5. I have them in air pots, so I can move back to the garage if the weather changes.

Come down here for spring break, everybody's ex's are out sunbathing here.

Haha, nice.

Unfortunately they're now calling for storms for at least half of the 10 day forecast here... I can probably leave the older plants outside, but I might need to bring the youngsters in to keep them from drowning...

Nebraska put em outside we all know how bedrock steady the weather is on the plains(NOT), do you strap your plants down in case a twister just happens tah visit?

Back