food Tina's Cheese Spread

Asked and answered:

Ingredients:

2 pounds Cheddar cheese cubed (at room temperature)
2 cloves garlic minced
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tbsp Hurricane Mash or 3 fresh hot peppers minced
1/2 bottle beer give or take
1 teaspoon salt

Cooking Directions:

Process the cheese in a food processor or blender until perfectly smooth. Add garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, and peppers. Blend until fully incorporated. Begin to add the beer, a little at a time, while continuing to blend. When the mixture is a good, firm spreading consistency, add the salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serve as a spreadable cheese or add a little more beer and make a salsa con queso.

Expect 15 to 20 servings.

Thanks Tina, I'll have to add that to my growing list of things to try! I may have to add just a bit more peppers and grog, but other than that, it sounds great!!

Cap'n

I am making the cheese beer thing for tomorrows Harvest Day Picnic, I am sure it will be a big hit. I am thinking of making two batches, possibly three...

Tina Brooks said:
Asked and answered:

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt

Cooking Directions:

Process the cheese in a food processor or blender until perfectly smooth. Add garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, and peppers. Blend until fully incorporated. Begin to add the beer, a little at a time, while continuing to blend. When the mixture is a good, firm spreading consistency, add the salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serve as a spreadable cheese or add a little more beer and make a salsa con queso.

Here ya go. I should have quoted it to begin with.

Off to the store for ingredients.

Ok I am making two batches, one with Habnero's, and one with Jalepino's (I feel like I butchered the spelling of both of those). I will post the firey results. I just know that the people from my church are going to love these. lol
:mouthonfire:

ok, I made one with only one jalepino, for my sissy wife, and it is not hot at all. Then I made another one with three habenero's and that one is better. Neither one of them has been refridgerated yet though, and I am hoping that tomorrow makes it better.

As for a recipe though, it is very good, the cheese definately needs to be at room temperature as the food processor needed several smoke breaks even while it was, I actually had to add beer as I went just processing the cheese, and each one took almost a can, probably like three quarters of a can each batch.

Tomorrow is going to be the ultimate test though once it has a chance to settle. I have a feeling though that the next time I make it six habeneros will be going in there.

Tina Brooks said:
Asked and answered:

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt

Cooking Directions:

Ok so I gave this a try, and here is what I have to say about it. For starters, I could not get cheddar cheese, but I got sharp cheddar, and the rest of the stuff I was able to find ok. I had the store cut the chees a half inch thick, I I cubed it from there, and put it in the food processor, cold at first, which is definately not good, and later at room temperature. The cheese was a lot of work for the processor, and I found that adding the beer first helped matters, alot. But in each one I only used one clove of garlic, which was fine for us. And initially I wanted to do two batches, one with three jalepinos and one with three habs. My sissy wife talked me into one jalepino though, which was actually a good mild one for the lighter people. And the other I used three habs, which was good.

I took this to a harvest day festival with around two hundered people there or so I would guess, and this stuff was a big hit with everyone. Personally I loved it. In hindsight, I feel that the jalepino needed more peppers, and the hab one could have used another hab or two, or maybe even a jalepino to round it off. The hab one had a nice warm afterglow to it and it will definately be one of my favorite recipes. By the time I bought everything for this, including four boxes of crackers, it was $41 or so, the cheese was around $10 per 2 pounds alone. But it was worth it to see people enjoy it.

Thanks for that Tina, Good Stuff.

Steve

I don't eat cheese anymore myself but how does the cheese you used compare to english cheese? From what I remember, when I was in the US last the cheese I tried was all very mild and good cheese in england tends to be quite strongly flavoured and often quite salty.

Also, the beer you used, was it a lager or an ale?

I'd quite like to make a similar spread but dairy/fish free so I'm trying to work out what ingredients I'll need.

The brand name of her product. In other words, this was an advertisement in disguise :cool: It was also in the pizza thread, but I split the thread.

I don't know anything about English Cheese, but I would say that ours is mild. I don't much like the strong stuff, yucky.

And as for beer, honestly the difference between a lagger and ale excape me, my true drink of choice are Long Islands. Sencond to that is Rum and Coke. Beer is something for hot days of mowing, and usually only one or two will do me just fine.

So, for Beer; Miller Lite. :lol:

Two for two here on this site. The spicy meatballs and Tina's Cheese Spread. I need to cook more often.

Hey sevver,
You might want to reduce the baking time 5 min or so. The wife came home and saved mine from burning. I think I said 25-30, should be 20ish minutes. I should find and edit
that thread. They would be a great snack for MNF tonight.Dont forget the “Made E.Z.” :lol:

Back