• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Tiny black prince already flowering

I was surprised to see this today when I was watering my plants. It's only about 3 inches tall and there are a couple flowers on it. :D

0302011255.jpg

I'm going to pinch them though, it's still over a month until I can put them outside. :mope:

And here's a picture of a Pimento de Neyde while I'm at it:

0302011255a.jpg

Sorry that the pictures are a little crappy, they're from my crappy cell phone.

One of my overwintering plants is loaded with buds - only they're dropping off at an almost equal rate at this point. That's not a prob now, as I'm pretty much in your same zone, but know you might not need to bother pinching them off this time of year.

ME TOO MY FILIUS BLUE DID THE SAME THING BUT ITS EVEN SMALLER THAN YOUR PRINCE, SO I NIPPED THE BUDS OFF

THANKS JOE

Great looking chili!

I have 6 "Pimenta da Neyde" growing and only about 2" high. Are they anything like your "Pimento da Neyde"? I saw them on one of the THP threads last summer and looked very interesting so I decided to grow them this year.

Thanks everyone. I'll get some more pics up as the season goes on. It's a bit of a PITA posting pics with my dumb phone though, need to get a digital camera or one of those fancy phones. I love the look of the Neydes, don't know if I'll like the taste but they sure look cool. :D

Great looking chili!

I have 6 "Pimenta da Neyde" growing and only about 2" high. Are they anything like your "Pimenta da Neyde"? I saw them on one of the THP threads last summer and looked very interesting so I decided to grow them this year.

Thanks, a little confused on what the question is though. :D

Thanks everyone. I'll get some more pics up as the season goes on. It's a bit of a PITA posting pics with my dumb phone though, need to get a digital camera or one of those fancy phones. I love the look of the Neydes, don't know if I'll like the taste but they sure look cool. :D

Thanks, a little confused on what the question is though. :D

I have > "Pimenta da Neyde"
You have > "Pimento da Neyde"

Just wondering what the difference might be.

Back