• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tiny pepper salvaging operation

tinypepper.jpg

So yeah my dad tried to grow a pepper plant, foolishly kept it in a 1 inch container.
Now i'm going to try to grow it out to it's full potential.
Wish me luck lads. I'll keep you posted

That's about the only advantage this season has for the pepper grow...

Hey all.

We had a pretty bad hailstorm a couple of weeks ago that flooded my cellar and destroyed parts of my garden. Half of my Kaki tree broke off sadly, and my tiny pepper also got a pretty good beating. But nature has a way of healing, and so has the tiny pepper plant.

hailvictim.jpg

I feared it might not recover, but a couple of weeks later now, it is looking promising.

hailrecovery.jpg

Bonus image: Destroyed kaki tree
hailvictim2.jpg

Wow that looks really bad! Luckily I've been saved from that kind of weather this season... for now... 😬

Wow that looks really bad! Luckily I've been saved from that kind of weather this season... for now... 😬
It was the most extreme weather i've ever seen in belgium. I'm glad you got spared. In the span of 5 minutes if went from light rain to a full on cloudburst. With hail in between for good measure. Took me 3 days to pump the water out of my cellar and throw out all the waterlogged stuff.

As the season moves along, the little pepper has gotten a lot bigger yet again, and is flowering very prolifically.
pepper1.jpg

pepper2.jpg

Already a couple of upward pointing little peppers have formed that turn completely purple in the sun.

pepper3.jpg

So in any case, things are going very well since after the storm disaster. It's amazing what a plant can survive and still thrive afterwards.

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures

Back