• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

To be a bee or not a bee

Cuckoo wasp, not bee.
XCYua5U.jpg

Here are some I just took.

Midas Fly....eats bugs

Bumble

Leaf Cutter I believe

I have about 10 species of hover flies, sweat bees and others that I can never get a good pic.  There were 3 on one pepper plant and all over the cukes and melons. 

Hot Mama Bearz said:
@rairdog, thanx for sharing!
 Thanks!  Notice the leaf cutter.  They are the only ones that store pollen on their belly...hence the yellow belly.  All other pollen gatherers store the pollen on their back legs.

Rairdog said:
Thanks!  Notice the leaf cutter.  They are the only ones that store pollen on their belly...hence the yellow belly.  All other pollen gatherers store the pollen on their back legs.
Ohhh... That is pollen? Goodness gracious that is a lot. Amazing how nature is just full of one offs.

The carpenter queen bee gave me a visit.  She knows I kill off hundreds of her kin to keep them in check so they don't do too much structural damage.  One swoop and I could destroy her and future generations.   She was just too pretty with her golden velvety abdomen and serves a purpose in my gardens.

Back