• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Today, my friend and I each drank a shot of habanero hot sauce...

We made a video, which should be out on the weekend. Meanwhile, here is what I was feeling:

After immediately drinking the shot glass full of habanero sauce, I felt a slight burn in my mouth. I was expecting a lot more, but I figured that most of it went down to my stomach.

The burning sensation in the back of my throat was increasing, but was very manageable and not bad at all. This continued to increase for about 10 minutes, and then went away.

However, after about 10 minutes, I felt the hot sauce in my stomach. It felt very heavy and hot, and was causing me some stomach pains. When I tried to stand up it felt really weird. Soon after I got a small endorphin rush - my head felt airy and my arms felt kinda weird and light.

The stomach pain continued for about 2-3 hours, but we went to get some of Chipotle's $2 burritos so the pain wasn't that bad after-all.

Your thoughts on this? Have any of you ever dranken hot sauce?

habanero hot sauce isnt to bad i did 2 shots once on a dare thinking it was gonna be crazy but stomach gets the worst try some mamba or pure evil shots next time lol

Yogurt. Not that Greek stuff... the smooth, creamy stuff (Aussie style yogurt?). Full fat... none of this "lite" business. Does wonders for lava gut. ;) (At least it does for me!)

Many variables here.

How hot was the habanero sauce? If its Mayanek XXX or El Yuketeca, I think a full shot glass would just about end your day.

There are many, many, many habanero hot sauces that are med to med-hot, and a full shot glass would be lovely when drizzled over a burrito. I do it often.

That said, glad you got a buzz from it and had fun in the safety of your own home rather than going out & scoring some "street hab sauce" to get high on.

Stay safe - just say no.

Ps - for perspective, a level shot is 1 fl oz - or exactly 1/5 of a 5 oz woozie - or a couple tacos worth of hot sauce.

A Cup would be far more impressive/video worthy.

El Yucateco habanero sauces are very mild.

I find most Habanero hot sauces are nowhere near the actual heat of a hab.

I accidentally spilled about an ounce of Mad Dog 357 CE on my five guys burger and managed to finish it, but it was extremely difficult both heat and flavor wise.

Unfortunately, I have a functioning brain. If I put something in a shot glass and down it it'll be between 40% and 76% alcohol.The "make yer nose burn" stuff was designed as a condiment for food.
I need to go down a pint of ketchup and get some sleep. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I have a functioning brain. If I put something in a shot glass and down it it'll be between 40% and 76% alcohol.The "make yer nose burn" stuff was designed as a condiment for food.
I need to go down a pint of ketchup and get some sleep. :rolleyes:
Totally agree with ya man....80 proof for me. To add to this thought of "mixed-up-ology"..If I had time to watch a video, it wouldn't be of someone eating a pepper.......hah !

Back