• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Tolemans Hydro starts

10 places in hydro this year and these are the lucky ones. (although my mum compares hydro plants to intensively bred chickens) :lol:

Sowed on the 20th
Chocolate Bhut - (THSC)
Fatalii
Dorset Naga
7 Pot Yellow - (THSC)
7 Pot Brain Strain - (Cappy)
Infinity - (Woody) - 25th
Yellow Scorpion CARDI - (Cmpman)
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI - (Trini)
Pimenta De Neyde - (JungleRain)
Pimenta Morango.

Many thanks to all who sent me seeds.

8 are going into a recirculating drip irrigation system and 2 into a nft system. The rockwool cubes are sitting in my 'geminator' as outlined in another post. Set to 28 Celsius and my first one has popped up in 5 days although split the shell in 3. Pimenta De Neyde has split its shell as well as a Brain Strain.

Smallest seedling ever?
DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2011.jpg

Looks beautiful. I just started some seeds for the first time in rockwool and like the idea of being able to look a the seed and seeing if anything has happened yet. Please post progress pics, I would love to see them.

jacob

Thanks for the reply Jacob.

I have seen it done before like that so I thought I would give it a go. I suppose it also allows some air around the seed and prevents it getting too wet. Remember to rinse the cubes first, preferably in rain or soft tap water. Then once the seedlings pop up I have been giving them 0.5ml/L of GHE nutrients.

Progress pictures will follow.

Chris

Some more have popped up! All bar the Chocolate bhuts now.

Totally Germinated
DSCF2017.jpg

Almost there
DSCF2016.jpg

Loving the look of this one
DSCF2014.jpg

Coming on nicely now. I'm not sure I am giving the purple ones enough intense light for them to go proper purple yet. PDN has a deformed leaf as I over watered them last weekend as I was away.
DSCF2067.jpg

The big ones have been moved into a new grow area and progress after 6 days was good.

16th of March
P160310_2036.jpg

22nd
DSCF2071.jpg

16th
P160310_203201-1.jpg

22nd
DSCF2073.jpg

Hi toasty. The small starter cubes need some every day really as the dry out quick. The big ones got soaked in nute solution before transplant and lasted about 10 days. Now they stay wet for about a week. Thanks for the interest. Pictures from the other day.

DSCF2103.jpg

P040410_1829.jpg

P040410_1830.jpg

Chris

Little bit of an update:

Added a yellow 7 pot to the nft: (seeds from THSC. Very vigorous)
P070410_2103.jpg

Plants super healthy and will be ready for plant out beginning of May.
DSCF2111.jpg

I think there is something wrong with your image host, but the pictures I see look really nice. Good luck

Hi Chris, Your plants are looking real nice. And such clean growing areas. I'm looking forward to growing the yellow 7's next year.

Mike

Back