Tomato - Leaf Health Crisis

Hello everyone!!

This is my first time posting. I've grown 4 varieties of tomato plants from seed. I'm using a High Pressure Aeroponic system. Everything had been going well until recently. Below is a quick rundown of the grow room specs along with the issues I'm seeing. At this point I'm a bit stumped. I'm not sure what is off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Grown from seed
  • 4 weeks old
  • Grown using High Pressure Aeroponics (roots sprayed with very fine nutrient mist)
  • Reservoir
  • ppm: 800
  • pH: 6.0
  • Temp: 70F
  • Environment 
  • Day Temp: 75-78F
  • Night Temp: 68-70F
  • Humidity: 60%
  • Lights on: 16hr/day
  • Lights: 4ft, 2 bulb T5 VHO
Pic 1. Minor leaf curl with "leathery" texture 
6dqnvk.jpg

Pic 2. Significant leaf curl/twisting?
23jpnkl.jpg

Pic 3. Leaf twisting
a5c93n.jpg

Pic 4. This variety looks very limp. Some branches have turned upside down.
2v7z3ol.jpg

Pic 5. Branches upside down. Limp.
iyoarr.jpg

Pic 6. Leaf curling up
2dsp852.jpg

Pic 7. White/tan spot. This might be sunburn from getting to close to the lamp?
n33n1w.jpg

Pic 8. Only 1 leaf on 1 plant like this. The leaf is black, dry, and almost dead
1402mu.jpg

Pic 9. Closer look at black leaf
2hhkdwp.jpg

Pic 10. More leaf curl
2hib48y.jpg

Pic 11. White patches
2cgbvhl.jpg

Pic 12. Yellow splotches 
9kxf2e.jpg

Pic 13. White Spot
293g1aa.jpg

I'll take the root pics tonight and post them. Could it be white fly larva by chance?

Here are a few pics of the roots. An additive I used recently turn the nutrient solution brownish. I think that's where the brown hue is coming from. Sorry..I couldn't figure out how to flip the pics.

149qbmt.jpg

5upu7s.jpg

jjocw1.jpg

You would likely also find webbing left by spider mites. My leaves do indeed have the "stippling" or white dots all over like in the photo below. Then the yellow splotches began appearing, along with extensive webbing on the underside of leaves. Then some leaves would curl up almost cocoon-like where I am assuming the egg masses were laid.

spider-mite-web-title.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help! The plants are still growing quickly. However, I'm still having some issues with the leaves. Could this be a Calcium - Magnesium deficiency or nutrient burn? The below are of mostly older leaves.

mmswf9.jpg

14o5207.jpg

2n21vfa.jpg

2hi6v7c.jpg

33a4ghs.jpg

2dl2rb.jpg

4llurs.jpg

x576u8.jpg

Back