Tomato Tone and Kelp - I Feel Like a Mad Scientist

Basically just using what was on my shelf. I'll probably not replace my bag of Plant Tone unless I can't find any Tomato Tone.
I'm just following a recipe for a sterile soil at the moment. That wouldn't have been my intuition.
On the other hand, I  didn't see anything unusual with the plant adaptation, and the there was no cycle time for the organic nutrients to be assimilated. So maybe there is something to this way.

JJJessee said:
Thanks to InTheGarden(aka Ganga Girl) Tomato Tone and Kelp are becoming my amendment workhorses. 

Using this amendment blend at ~2 cups per cuft
lgMfUcml.jpg

I put this tomato in a SIP bucket a month ago 
fI8fMYEl.jpg

in a soil-less blend of 
jRrcZ99l.jpg

The Seabird Guano has 4% soluble nitrogen and the environment is a little shady, hence the legginess perhaps,  but it is setting fruit at least. 

P.S.  There's maybe a cup each of dolomite and rock dust in a 7.5 gal of mix
No EWC or compost in the mix? That is what makes the magic.

I know, PMD, but it wasn't in the doctor's recipe. What gives? :D
When plant-out winds down, I may try a magic batch too and feed a late tomato to it.
I'm about out of plant's though :mope:  

JJJessee said:
I know, PMD, but it wasn't in the doctor's recipe. What gives? :D
When plant-out winds down, I may try a magic batch too and feed a late tomato to it.
I'm about out of plant's though :mope:  
Top dress them with some EWC. Hard to find real high quality store bought stuff though. There are a few brands but I am not sure which.
I bought EWC from a garden supplier here and I am not sure how biologically active the organisms are in it. I hope somewhat good as my compost was loaded with earthworms. ;)

Streamer said:

Cook it and tell me it doesn't permeate the kitchen  Open the door and HOA will beat a path to your door... :lol: .  Raw, there's no smell.   I loves it meself. :cheers:

A nice big head of boiled cabbage would make an excellent gift to the chief HOA goon!

Proud Marine Dad said:
Top dress them with some EWC. Hard to find real high quality store bought stuff though. There are a few brands but I am not sure which.
I bought EWC from a garden supplier here and I am not sure how biologically active the organisms are in it. I hope somewhat good as my compost was loaded with earthworms. ;)
Good idea. I've got a bait producer just down the river from me that sells their EWC practical straight from the worms butt. Fresh and cheap- 8 bucks for almost a cubic foot.

Back