• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Tony Legner's Cat-5 Food Polish

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Product Reviewed:
Tony Legner's Cat-5 Food Polish
Company:
Tony Legner's Culinary Productions
www.tonylegner.com
TheHotPepper Member:
tlegner
Listed Ingredients:
Salt, dried peppers, & other spices.
Label/Packaging:
Small spice shaker, decent label.
Heat Index:

Tony Legner first offered this seasoning to his customers at his restaurant in Texas (Tony Legner's Culinary Productions), and by popular demand, it is now a retail product.

"Cat-5 Food Polish adds brilliance and luster to any dish!"

Cat-5, for a category 5 hurricane. Took me awhile, but I eventually saw the eye of the storm in the logo. I don't quite get the "food polish" angle, I mean butter adds luster, not a dry spice. Maybe it's so hot it makes the food sweat? It's definitely unique!

Tried it on many things. Most recently, I tried it on pizza. Great on pizza. No need for those red pepper flakes, here's a nice seasoning with habanero peppers (and I believe I taste cayenne).

The heat was real easy to control. Just a little sprinkle and it adds a great flavor with some serious heat. At first I was thinking the heat level was not extreme, so I did some spoon tasting (all the pizza was gone). I kept adding more to the spoon and realized this is pretty extreme stuff! Wow!! A 10 for sure (if you pile it on, which you probably won't do, but I ate a good amount on the spoon), but if you do a light dusting, you can keep it at a 7. I'm liking dry seasoning more and more after this. You can really control the heat. Plus, you're not adding vinegar like with a hot sauce. Vinegar can ruin so many things. I also really like that there are no overpowering spices, like oregano (if it's in there good job on keeping it subtle). What you get is salt, heat, and great pepper flavor.

A welcome addition to the spicy seasoning market. I will be using it more than my salt and pepper shakers for sure.

Attachments

• slice.jpg
    slice.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 234
  • slice2.jpg
    slice2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 201
I've tried Cat-5...

Tony was nice enough to send me a wee sample bottle of the Cat 5 Food Polish a few months back, even though I mistaken thought it was Polish Cat Food on another board.
I absolutely love this product. I've been eating a low carb diet with lots of ground chicken, turkey and hard boiled eggs (poultry takes a sh*t kicking on these diets doesn't it?) and Tony's product has really made it easy for me to spice things up no matter where I am.
I have his little shaker in the console of my Chili Pepper Mobile along with the Blair's Nitro seasonings and honestly, Tony's gets the most shakes when I need to spice things up with a wider palette of flavours.
I usually grind my own spice blends in big batches, but when I don't have my own home grown with me, Cat 5 Food Polish does the trick.
I highly recommend this product to people that like a nice mix of flavour and heat. No clumping and a very nice grind which distributes evenly.
;)

Back