• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Too Much Spicy Food Can Kill You?

Thanks for the Info Compmodder26, I didnt know they were that good for you, just because I know they are seriously good for the health ama go eat me some peppers right now, Cuz they are also good for the Soul x)

Too much water can kill you too.

I believe that's been said four or five times already. Love to see people posting--don't love repeating the same thing. Take a moment and read a thread before you add to it. Please.

The idea that anyone could sit down and eat three pounds of pepper powder is ridiculous. I would hazard a guess that eating three pounds of any type of powder is dang near impossible.

Edit: Crud, I should read the dang articles myself before posting. Idiot Patrick. The articles says and I quote, "A research study in 1980 calculated that three pounds of extreme chilies in powder form — of something like the Bhut Jolokia — eaten all at once could kill a 150-pound person."

I believe that's been said four or five times already. Love to see people posting--don't love repeating the same thing. Take a moment and read a thread before you add to it. Please.

The idea that anyone could sit down and eat three pounds of pepper powder is ridiculous. I would hazard a guess that eating three pounds of any type of powder is dang near impossible.

Edit: Crud, I should read the dang articles myself before posting. Idiot Patrick. The articles says and I quote, "A research study in 1980 calculated that three pounds of extreme chilies in powder form — of something like the Bhut Jolokia — eaten all at once could kill a 150-pound person."

Yeah, responded before reading the forum--a common observation. I should have said mustard or something more orginal. The point is that everything has a toxicity point. Good to know it takes that much to kill you though.

bingo and with me having 6 heart attacks, triple bypass, and an aortic aneurysm repaired that's another good reason...

Holy crud AJ! Had no idea. Who knew the Bluegrass lifestyle was so hard on a guy?. Hope the retired life is mellowing you out a bit. ;)

Back