• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Too Old To Use?

So I've got some farmyard manure in my garage, partly open, thats been there for about 8-12 months. Some of this stuff...

http://www.creativegardenideas.co.uk/organic-blend-farmyard-manure-50ltr

I was wondering if it would still be good to use after nearly a year. Does age adversely affect soils and manures? Or will it be as good/bad as it ever was?

Cheers

Matt

The web page add says,
  • Well rotted Farmyard Manure
  • 100% organic manure
  • Increases yield of crops
  • Adds humus
  • Improves soil structure
  • So, it never was as good as it was anyway, but always better than nothing. It would definitely go in my garden

It wont be as hot and the longer you wait the better. Some people wait a couple years that way undigested seeds will break down instead of sprouting. So the longer the better. I use rabbit, chicken, turkey and horse manure. Found the rabbit seems to be the best tho. Thats all them things do is drop turds and breed. If you have the extra money for feed there great to have. I use them for fertilizer and food. We breed them and eat the babys about 2 or 3 months old. So tender and delish! Is noms on the grill with spicy bbq sauce!

It wont be as hot and the longer you wait the better. Some people wait a couple years that way undigested seeds will break down instead of sprouting. So the longer the better. I use rabbit, chicken, turkey and horse manure. Found the rabbit seems to be the best tho. Thats all them things do is drop turds and breed. If you have the extra money for feed there great to have. I use them for fertilizer and food. We breed them and eat the babys about 2 or 3 months old. So tender and delish! Is noms on the grill with spicy bbq sauce!

ROFL!
My wife would shit her self if she read that. I was forced to get rid of my lucky rabbits foot because she felt bad for the rabbit... Power to you brotha. Economically rabbit makes more sense than beef. I would eat them too if my wife would let me.

ROFL!
My wife would shit her self if she read that. I was forced to get rid of my lucky rabbits foot because she felt bad for the rabbit... Power to you brotha. Economically rabbit makes more sense than beef. I would eat them too if my wife would let me.

I started breeding them a few years back and it says on the US department of agriculture site you can get more meat off of a set of cages than ten achers of land with cows. Not trying to hijack your thread btw. I think i have like 12 rabbits right now and I'll get about 15 garden tractors of shit a year from them.

Thanks for the input guys

I never cared much for rabbit, too boney, but thats the same reason we keep dogs, ruff ruff!!! ;)

Put them on the bbq and they become hot dogs very quickly :party:

...Oh forget it :P

Back