• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Topsy Turvy Experiment

Ok, I fell victim to the new Topsy Turvy ad on TV and decided to be a guinea pig for the "tomato tree". They say on TV its a 6 ft stand and if it really is that tall I must be about 7 ft myself:rolleyes:.

I decided to be risky and plant my prized Red Boar maters in this thing. So far they look good but I really think they will need more height.

I'll keep this thread updated so those of you who read this will know whether or not this is a good idea

20uygph.jpg

10nbwgz.jpg

Looks like the stand may raise, no?

I've tried this approach a few times over the years with home made systems.
I hope you see better results than I have.

thehotpepper.com said:
Looks like the stand may raise, no?
This one wont unless you want to set it on the wood pile. It would probably work alot better for peppers than tomatoes as far as height is concerned but I didnt want to waste my prize pepper plants on this thing if it dont work.

I have 1 of the "regular" models that I have seriously considered using on one of my "less desirable" pepper plants such as yellow hab or scotch bonnet. I aint gonna use it with my bhuts, nagas or fataliis until I know its a good deal

imaguitargod said:
WOw, never seen that kind of topsy before. Keep us updated, please.
Will do! I am seriosly considering using one of the regular models for one of my extra Fatalii plants just for the giggles of it. I kinda think that peppers could be a little better suited for something like this

BrianS said:
Will do! I am seriosly considering using one of the regular models for one of my extra Fatalii plants just for the giggles of it. I kinda think that peppers could be a little better suited for something like this

Last year I used a Fatalii for my topsy turvey and it LOVED it! This year I'm doing a Wild Brazil.

My parents always complain that I'm growing hot peppers and not tomatoes or even bell's They have pot hangers I started a tomato for them this year, maybe I'll try a couple sweet peppers for them too.

FiveSix said:
My parents always complain that I'm growing hot peppers and not tomatoes or even bell's They have pot hangers I started a tomato for them this year, maybe I'll try a couple sweet peppers for them too.

Bells aren't worth it for the amount that the plant produces. It's easier just to buy them at the store.

imaguitargod said:
Bells aren't worth it for the amount that the plant produces. It's easier just to buy them at the store.

Meh, my bells produced well for how small they were and how little care I gave them. And have you seen what a bell costs at the store? Have to take out a loan to get 3 of them.

Plus I like eating slightly overripe bells straight off the plant like they're apples. :shocked:

imaguitargod said:
Last year I used a Fatalii for my topsy turvey and it LOVED it! This year I'm doing a Wild Brazil.

You have a wild brazil Topsy Turvey? Damn you!!!! No seedey germinatey here....

I may tray a ghettofied topsy turvey homemade deal with a baccatum or two... Got me some five gallon buckets, and I'm gonna cut a hole in the bottom and letter rip!

FiveStar said:
You have a wild brazil Topsy Turvey? Damn you!!!! No seedey germinatey here....

I may tray a ghettofied topsy turvey homemade deal with a baccatum or two... Got me some five gallon buckets, and I'm gonna cut a hole in the bottom and letter rip!
It's either the Brazil or the Aji Lemon....

Ciao Potawie-

Is that Reisentraube or Reisetomate? I say this because Reisentraube's a relatively easy to find cherry and Reisetomate is a freak of nature fused thing.

I am actually growing both this year but the pic above is a Reisentomate. I can't wait to see for myself how these toms look.

Back