• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Torno 2012

---2012 Grow List---

Here is my final pepper grow list for 2012 and pictures of my newly taped together grow box to get off on the right foot this year. I had wanted to have this already done and seeds started over a month ago but life happens.

7 Pod White
Chocolate x Red Hab
ButchT
7 Pod Primo
7 Pod Brain
White Bhut
Peach Bhut
Biker Billy Jap
Douglah x ButchT, Red
7 Pod Barrackpore
Sonoran Chiltepin
Trinidad Scorpion , AJ 2011
Yellow TS CARDI
Jimmy Nardello
Brazilian Starfish
Aji Crystal
Aji Dulce
Bih Jolokia , overwinter
Bishops Crown, overwinter
Trinidad Sweet Cherry
Sweet Trinidad Scorpion
Sofia Sweet
Trinidad Perfum

This years list is only 1/4th of what I had originally planned but the family wants more herbs/veg to enjoy, I think it's honestly because they are sick of hearing me curse the skies and punch the cat when I indulge in some super hot love.

---Grow Box for 2012---
HydroFarm 4ft 6bulb T5HO setup, had it not been for my horrible ability to measure things, I could of easily fit in the 8bulb, oh well. It cranks out enough light to make me squink so I'm happy. All the shiny stuff is your average emergency blanket from Wal-Mart. I have it chain mounted and can easily be adjusted to any height I want from the bottom upwards to 5 ft, so there is plenty of room in there to play with. Once seeds are planted out I am taking on a new project to grow some monster DWC 100% isolated plants for a member, I'm really excited to see what those babies will do with the new setup.

Overview
Overview.jpg

Interior
Interior.jpg

Expansion
Expansion.jpg

expansion2.jpg

-J

nice lookin growbox! what are the dimensions?

Looks great, Torno! Wish I had some of that shiny mylar..
use mylar emergency blankets. you can find them cheap on amazon, I found them for 8.99 for a ten pack. that's equivalent to a 4foot by 70foot roll of mylar

Seed Germination Totals as of 29-Jan 75% germ rate after 9 days.

7 Pod Primo........................3 of 4
Butch T................................2 of 4
Choc x Red Hab..................1 of 4
7 Pod White.........................4 of 4
White Bhut..........................3 of 4
7 Pod Brain..........................3 of 4
Peach Bhut..........................2 of 4
Douglah x Butch T Red......4 of 4
7 Pod Barrackpore..............2 of 4
Red Rocoto..........................1 of 2
Trinidad Scorp.....................0 of 2
Yellow Scorp CARDI............4 of 4
Fresno...................................1 of 1
Manzano...............................2 of 2
Biker Billy Jap........................1 of 1
Douglah.................................2 of 4
Sweet Trind. Scorp..............2 of 3
Aji Dulce................................2 of 3
Brazilian Starfish..................3 of 3
Trind. Sweet Cheery...........3 of 3
Jimmy Nardello....................3 of 3
Trind. Perfum.......................3 of 3
Sofia Sweet..........................3 of 3

-J

Looking good as expected from you!

Not to good yet on the germ rate tho, maybe just slow starters, I will be happy with 50% overall,

The last time I saw a box that shinny, I was 15 years old. :whistle: :rofl:

Good Luck this season and will be watching you.

I don't plan on growing them all out, just one or two from all types so I'm not to worried about it. I expect by the end of day 14 I should have at least 85-90% up by then. Once I get to that point I will lower the lights and really let them have it haha.

Im NOT going to ask about the shiny box !!!!! :)

-J

It's getting there... Seems like every season I tend to forget how slow the seedlings can be at getting started haha

-J

Quick Update:

I decided to change out three of the bulbs from the 6500K to the 3000K to give a much broader range of light spectrum. Curious to see what happens, any thoughts?

bulbchange.jpg

-J

Hey, Torno - that's an awesome light box. Can't wait to watch the babies grow up!
Your germination rate was cranking up - where did it end up?

It was pushing right around 86% but took a big hit for whatever reason on the slower ones. I could see them pushing through and thats where it stopped. After a few days of no progression I decided to have a look and moved the medium around to see and a large number of plants that were healthy and pushing up had all turned translucent and very very soft. Not sure why, haven't run into this issue before.

-J

Quick Update:

Update 11 Feb 2012, some pics came out washed out, it's freaking bright in that grow box

Overview:
11Feb2011.jpg

Two of my 7 White: see the little butter leaf lettuce looking plant to the left haha
11Feb2012b.jpg

Yellow Scorp CARDI: 15 days old
11Feb2012CARDI.jpg

Manzano: 15 days old
11Feb2012_Manzano.jpg

7 Pod Barrackpore, 18 days old, on left, White Bhut, 17 days old, on the right with a Peach Bhut in the middle at 12 days old:
11Feb2012a.jpg

-J

Update: Picked out the ones I wanted to grow and potted those up to 4 inch kord squares.

7 Pod Barrackpore
15Feb2012_7Barrackpore.jpg

Going to sit over night with no direct lights to get them settled in
15Feb2012_4inchtrans.jpg

15Feb2012_4inchtrans1.jpg

Interior View
15Feb2012_interior.jpg

-J

I think you extracted them at the perfect time, root ball looks nice not root bound, plants are healthy with a nice color. They will do very well in their new beds.
Think you are going to have a hell of a season as long as weather permits. keep the pics comin!

Back