• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Torno 2012

---2012 Grow List---

Here is my final pepper grow list for 2012 and pictures of my newly taped together grow box to get off on the right foot this year. I had wanted to have this already done and seeds started over a month ago but life happens.

7 Pod White
Chocolate x Red Hab
ButchT
7 Pod Primo
7 Pod Brain
White Bhut
Peach Bhut
Biker Billy Jap
Douglah x ButchT, Red
7 Pod Barrackpore
Sonoran Chiltepin
Trinidad Scorpion , AJ 2011
Yellow TS CARDI
Jimmy Nardello
Brazilian Starfish
Aji Crystal
Aji Dulce
Bih Jolokia , overwinter
Bishops Crown, overwinter
Trinidad Sweet Cherry
Sweet Trinidad Scorpion
Sofia Sweet
Trinidad Perfum

This years list is only 1/4th of what I had originally planned but the family wants more herbs/veg to enjoy, I think it's honestly because they are sick of hearing me curse the skies and punch the cat when I indulge in some super hot love.

---Grow Box for 2012---
HydroFarm 4ft 6bulb T5HO setup, had it not been for my horrible ability to measure things, I could of easily fit in the 8bulb, oh well. It cranks out enough light to make me squink so I'm happy. All the shiny stuff is your average emergency blanket from Wal-Mart. I have it chain mounted and can easily be adjusted to any height I want from the bottom upwards to 5 ft, so there is plenty of room in there to play with. Once seeds are planted out I am taking on a new project to grow some monster DWC 100% isolated plants for a member, I'm really excited to see what those babies will do with the new setup.

Overview
Overview.jpg

Interior
Interior.jpg

Expansion
Expansion.jpg

expansion2.jpg

-J

That row of peppers along the fence is just awesome!

Thanks guys...

Justa, this pic is just for you... This is from the Jimmy Nardello seeds you sent me for this season, man these things grow quick and it's pushing out the flowers. The pod that you can clearly see was not even noticeable last night... Going to be a good season for annums! Thank you again for the generosity!

15Mar2012_Jimmy.jpg

-J

Those are some great looking plants. IF they were kids they would be on MTV as spoiled as they are. lol

On a side note, let me know if you have anymore toothache I can buy, since the seeds didn't take.

Quick Update...

Family
25Mar12_Family.jpg

Family #1
25Mar12_Family1.jpg

Sonoran Chiltepin... these things normally grow slow? It's just two weeks behind everything else on teh fence line..
25Mar12_SonoranChiltepin.jpg

-J

Looks healthy??? My little tepins are growing like weeds though...dunno what's up with your little dude. I would just let him do his thing and see if he catches up.

Pretty sure I see some pods in that first pic! Toward the center, is it a Jalapeno??? Looking good man!

Shane

Thank you thank you... This season is a complete black and white difference from last. It was one issue after another last year and right now I have around 84% of all plants with either flowers open or pods already set... Going to be moving them all up to the 5 gal buckets starting tomorrow afternoon... I need to find a way to rid my grow area of a mated pair of mockingbirds that find me to be a suitable dive bombing target haha.

and NO I am not shooting them with a pellet gun haha

-J

Quick Update...

Family
25Mar12_Family.jpg

Family #1
25Mar12_Family1.jpg

Sonoran Chiltepin... these things normally grow slow? It's just two weeks behind everything else on teh fence line..
25Mar12_SonoranChiltepin.jpg

-J

Sorry I missed most of your log dude. Yes, chiltepin grow painfully slow but are definitely worth the wait!!!

Birds are good. Go to a hunting store and get a crow dummy. They work with some movement of the dummy each time you go to the garden.

Hey, torno, those peppers along the fence line have
really grown! That is so awesome! My chiltepins look
exactly like yours, at least the one I haven't cut back.
I have a feeling that once summer gets here they will
mount a fierce attack on the air space above their location :shocked:

Updated pics... Got around to potting up just about everything with the exception of six plants.. I ran out of soil! Oh well, it's time for a little miracle grow now haha.

Family
31Mar2012_Family1.jpg

Family1
31Mar2012_Family.jpg

Manz.. notice the three way split
31Mar2012_Manzano.jpg

OverWinter Bih Jolokia... i highly doubt this thing will produce again this year.. has about twenty open flowers but no signs of pollen at all just like last year
31Mar2012_OWBihJolokia.jpg

White Bhut... has a few pods set
31Mar2012_WhiteBhut.jpg

Maters..
31Mar2012_Maters.jpg

Biker Billy... mmm poooooppppeerrsss
31Mar2012_BikerBilly.jpg

Bird B Gone.. I read online that birds hate holographic stuff.. so it was suggested to do something like this....and what do you know.. after the first day they kept their distance and would not attack... by day three and four there has been NO sign of those bastards at all and I have spent a few hours each day outside doing something... my version of the burning man bird b gone :P
31Mar2012_BirdBGone.jpg

-J

Back