trade Trade fresh/dried pods for seeds

Hello everyone
First post for me on this forum. 32 year old programmer residing in Blacksburg, Virginia. Unlike most of you, chilli growing is primarily a winter hobby for me. I have a 2 acre backyard orchard (over 60 varieties of fruits and berries and counting) that takes up most of my time and effort in the spring and summer. I started growing chillies last winter as a hobby during the down time (growing from seed is fun and not something you get to do often with fruits and berries), in the summer I just stuck 'em all the ground with drip irrigation and let them tend to themselves.
Winter is here again, and I'm looking to expand my selection of varieties. Before the first frost hit I dug up the best looking plants and moved them inside (along with a few that were kept in pots), so I keep getting a healthy crop of chillis every week (I have 19 plants in two indoor greenhouses under 1.5k W of lighting). I was hoping someone might be interested in trading some seeds for fresh/dried pods.
I have Bhut Jolokias, Peter, Peruvian White Lightning, Bishops Crown, Chiltepins and whatever those yellow ones and the red star shaped ones in the picture are :) (See soon-to-be made post in the growing forum for help needed on identifying these).

In addition I have a lot of dried pods (with seeds), same varieties as above plus Orange Habaneros and Tabasco.

bowl.jpg

The picture is todays crop. I'm getting slightly less than a pound a week and it doesn't look like it'll slow down anytime soon. I'm getting a lot of Bhuts and Bishops crowns in particular (those two grew like weeds in the ground).

Seeds I am looking for:
Poblano
Biker Billy Jalapenos
Any 7 pot other than yellow
Any Scorpion other than plain and Morouga blend
Red Savina
Trinidad Perfume
Peach Habanero
Devils Tongue
Any Rocoto
Purple Tiger
Anaheim

I don't know what a fair exchange rate would be, so make me an offer

Looking forwards to bugging everyone with lots and lots of questions in the months ahead!

Odie

Welcome. Nice to see another chilihead from VA. I still have family in Blacksburg. I have seeds for the Biker Billy Jals, Yellow Scorpions, Red Savina, and some recently acquired Douglah (Chocolate 7 Pod) seeds. I've had trouble w/ the white habs, and I'm looking for more seeds. Might be able to make you a good trade. As long as you're a VT fan of course.

Hey big and welcome from Virginia! lol Afton here.can help out with a few hit me with a pm if you are interested. Rich

Back