Trading pepper seeds for Tomato seeds

I probably have most any variety you're looking for  (nearly 500 serperate varieties and strains). Post what your looking for, and what you have to offer, and I will PM you with how many of that type I have to trade.

My list is/was online. But its not up to date, and its not a simple thing to inventory that many seed packages... The counting alone is abhorent. Anyway. Unless its something thats newer than the reaper. I probably have it.

Mostly looking for Tomato's that will handle the FL heat well. Easy to grow (or at least as easy as a pepper lol). Prefer Heirlooms.

I'm not picky though, and am just hoping to have some tomatos to go with my peppers this year :)

I have German Johnson and Pink Lady.  Both are indeterminate, medium acid heirlooms.  Both high producers. In N. Carolina the Johnson is the favorite 'farmers' market' tomato.  Only drawback is that they produce huge beefsteak like fruit with deep ridges and cat face like crazy with variations in soil moisture. Makes for some ugly looking fruit but the taste is still great.  The Pink Lady is smaller but gives smoother, more uniform fruit with the same reliable high yield and flavor.  Make for super BLT or just 'mater & mayo. sammys.......

Any chance you have a list of isolated or commercial seeds? I have a lot of tomato seed to trade, most are not isolated, but they don't cross as easily as peppers.

I highly recommend you grow some Sungold cherry tomatoes. They are the sweetest/fruitiest tasting tomatoes I have ever had. This is what I have.

Nectar, Sungold, sunchocola, sweet chelsea, black cherry, sweet baby girl, porterhouse

I agree about sungolds. Very good.

Also my Patio tomatoes are doing good. I ALWAYS get blight in one way or another. Must be something in my area.
If you can find black it would be an interesting variety to see develop.

I have principe borghese, black master, dark rose, jubilee, german green, brandywine, red brandywine, and roma. Most are commercial seeds left over from last year. Let me know if your interested. Also the everglades tomato is great for surviving the florida heat.

Chocolate Cherry tomatoes are the best I have ever tasted. These are on my permanent grow list.

ChocoCherry4_zps324bd47d.jpg

Blue Beauty is an awesome and  unique variety that I grew for the first time this year. These were very productive plants that produced all the way to the first freeze and beyond. The fruits become more blue or purple colored when the sun hits directly on them. I got the original seeds from a very reputable source. This variety (and also the next variety in this post) is supposed to be a stable variety but I can not 100% verify that yet because I haven't grown out the seeds that I collected.

101_0659_zps696cb9f8.jpg

BlueBeauty_zpsbf854ce8.jpg

This is called Indigo Apple.

IndigoApple4_zps44fe567b.jpg

IndigoApple3_zpseaebdde1.jpg

And finally Kentucky Cabin. These plants also have produced well. 
It's the big yellow one in the middle.

harves2_zpsf1d0c5c1.jpg

All four of these are open pollinated but only the Kentucky Cabin is an heirloom.
I really have plenty of pepper seeds for now so I don't really want any at the moment.
I am trying to sell my tomato and pepper seeds to raise a little money to fund my 2014 garden. If you are interested they are $3 for 15 seeds.
I think that either of the blue varieties will do well in the Florida sun. They are very resistant to sunscald. The Blue Beauty variety did have some cracking but the Indigo Apple was extremely crack resistant. I honestly don't remember getting even one cracked one off of those plants.

I have saved OP seeds from what I grew this year. Lots is Green Zebra, Orange Russian, Purple Cherokee and a few left of Mushroom Basket and a beefsteak I know little about but it was huge and delicious(bought from a local nursery so it may be a hybrid).

Back