• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Transplanting Seedlings

When do you all typically transplant your seedlings to larger pots from starter trays/cells? Do you base it on things like number of true leaves, height of seedling, seedling age, etc?
Thanks,

I've also found that they grow faster when transplanting to larger pots in steps rather than going straight to their final size, 5 gal buckets for me. They end up the same size in the end but going straight to the biggest pot takes longer. I'm assuming they are focused one growing roots for longer in the bigger pot. Most of the time I get lazy and just transplant directly into the 5 gal buckets anway.

From my experience there is no issue with transplanting into the final pot directly but as stated by UnNatural it will take a bit of more time for them to grow. That's it.

When it comes time, how deep up the stem/close to the first set of true leaves do you usually bury the plant?

slewis said:
When it comes time, how deep up the stem/close to the first set of true leaves do you usually bury the plant?

I do very close.......

lqD7Qxa.jpg

Back