• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion??

Hey fellow pepper fans!

Before I realized that it is better to spend more on seeds from a reputable seller than to order cheap ones from Amazon, I bought some seeds that the seller claimed to be Trinidad Moruga Scorpions. I started them late in the season so I only had about 3 peppers actually grow. One is finally ripening but I am doubting whether or not it is actually what they said it was. It just looks different than the ones I have seen pictures of.. Can anyone tell me if this is an actual Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper?

jsbofc.jpg

PrimeTime said:
Almost all the seeds i got on amazon last year didn't grow true. Seeds direct, seeds needs act all BS. I ended up with 12 orange habanero plants.
Looked a bit like yours
Not that the orange habaneros are a problem. One of mine at least grows peppers inversely proportional to the size of the plant. Pods the size of small bell peppers..

@dulac Did any of your pods actually turn dark red. My pods never go darker than a dark orange/light red. Should I leave them on the plant for a few weeks longer?

cruzzfish said:
@dulac Did any of your pods actually turn dark red. My pods never go darker than a dark orange/light red. Should I leave them on the plant for a few weeks longer?

All mine turned red. However, I noticed that red varieties will be an orange/light red towards the end of the season because of less sun. I was born and raised in CT and moved to VA. The difference in weather might be affecting the color. I'm glad to hear TS Morugas can grow there. I sent some seeds to family in CT.

Dulac said:

All mine turned red. However, I noticed that red varieties will be an orange/light red towards the end of the season because of less sun. I was born and raised in CT and moved to VA. The difference in weather might be affecting the color. I'm glad to hear TS Morugas can grow there. I sent some seeds to family in CT.
Okay, thanks. Due to some issues all I had was late season pods, so that's why they only turned orange. I think heat can cause problems with it also.

My Trindad Moruga Scorpion peppers looked just like that. I only had about a dozen fruit. I started it in May 2013. Some of the fruit took almost 160 to 180 days to fully ripen. I just pruned back my bush for the winter. Still has a few flowers.

obchili said:
Nice little baby pepper.  As I am new to all this, is that how they all start popping?  And I hope I will get a fruit or two this year on my inaugural season....
Once the flower is pollinated it will turn into a pepper, like above.

Back