• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad peppers

Hey guys I purchased seeds last year from a big name overseas company and my seeds happened to be labeled Yellow Trinidad Scorpion 7-Pot. So is the 7-pot/Pod not in the Scorpion family. I know mine never had the stinger like a true Scorpion and they were much hotter then a normal scorpion.
I have got a lot of shit on my videos for calling 7-Pots a Scorpion.

Yeah, 7-Pots and Scorpions are different peppers. They really don't look that different except for the stinger that often shows up on Scorpions, and my 7-pots are usually bigger than the Scorps. The heat level is slightly hotter I suppose for the Scorpion, but not by much. JMO.

The 7 pod has a high level of heat also but has a different, distinct, enjoyable flavor. Also, all my 7 pods that I grew were two-three times the size of any of my scorpions

xo Nicole

some of my scorpions were way bigger than any of my 7 pots... marginally hotter too imo. there were 80 plants of the scorpions opposed to only a half dozen of the 7 pots though so i suppose they had more ops. douglahs were definitely hotter than either.

the genetics of these peppers is such a mish-mash at this point that everyone's experience is going to vary.

Like POTAWIE said they are different peppers.

Size wise they have both run the gamut for me. For instance the 7 Pot Primo doesn't get very big. A couple of different Trini Scorps species I grew this year from AISPES dwarfed most 7 Pot pods. Always lots of variables.

Back