• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Trinidad Scorpion Butch Strain Same as The Butch T???

So I ordered a pack of "Trinidad Scorpion Butch Strain" seeds, and I am wondering if these are the same as the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T's????

Here is the link to the ones I purchased.

http://pepperlover.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=103&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

If anyone can let me know that would help!

Well you have to ask PepperLover to be sure, but it probably is... never heard of a "butch strain".

i would say it's the same. here is a link stating how the butch t got its name - i can't say how valid the story is but it's a version.

http://myorganicseeds.auctivacommerce.com/Trinidad-Scorpion--Butch-T-Strain-Hot-Pepper-10-seeds-P664791.aspx

I contacted the website asking for clarification. I'll let you all know when I know something.

why not ask Judy (pepperlover) here on the forum...she is a member...

***I know you probably didn't know that***

I find the Butch T scorpions to not normally have the distictive scorpion tail/stinger. I've posted several pics where you can see the tail/stinger form where the flower ring constricts the pod leaving what appears to be a stinger, but this happens less around 50% of the time for me and other scorpion types seem to naturally grow their tails/stingers
Now to find those pics...

so far they look like the butch Ts i had last year. i ate one she sent me and it was damn hot. the plants look very similar. will find out soon. very happy with her seeds so far.

I find the Butch T scorpions to not normally have the distictive scorpion tail/stinger. I've posted several pics where you can see the tail/stinger form where the flower ring constricts the pod leaving what appears to be a stinger, but this happens less around 50% of the time for me and other scorpion types seem to naturally grow their tails/stingers
Now to find those pics...

Heres some of mine Potawie. The ones on the plant now show less signs of stingers than these might suggest.

2011-03-09165438.jpg

It's only my first time growing them, but I see what you mean, Potawie....

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

Out of three pods, only one really shows a distinct stinger.

Of course, I would imagine most people selling them would definitely show pics of the ones with stingers....

It's very interesting about the stingers, I think it may be a fertility issue, my plants will usually have distinctive stingers
at 1st, then as more pods are produced and it gets later in the season, the stingers appear less and less. Anyone else notice this trait?
Is it me overfertilizing? Hmmmmm or is it due to underfertilization because I "band" my fertilizer deep under my rows (don't want to feed the weeds!) and the roots haven't reached it yet? I feel a test study coming on! lol

Back