• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad Scorpion Butch T - need advice

I am not disputing what SS says....however, I am of the opinion that you are having issues with some kind of insect...mites, flea beetles, thrips, or even aphids ....the new growth is what is effected and that is where the mites and other nasties attack...the fresh new growth...

Thrips have been overwhelming here in North Texas this year...even moreso than aphids.....

If you don't have a jewelers loop, it will be the best 5 dollars you ever spend...it has a 10X magnifying lens on one end and a 20X on the other...I have several and carry one in my pocket a lot of times...and these magnifications allow you to see and identify most of the insects that bother our peppers...

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-x-12mm-10-x-18mm-Loop-Magnifier-Jeweler-Loupe-/120577073994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c12f4234a

I am not disputing what SS says....however, I am of the opinion that you are having issues with some kind of insect...mites, flea beetles, thrips, or even aphids ....the new growth is what is effected and that is where the mites and other nasties attack...the fresh new growth...

Thrips have been overwhelming here in North Texas this year...even moreso than aphids.....

If you don't have a jewelers loop, it will be the best 5 dollars you ever spend...it has a 10X magnifying lens on one end and a 20X on the other...I have several and carry one in my pocket a lot of times...and these magnifications allow you to see and identify most of the insects that bother our peppers...

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-x-12mm-10-x-18mm-Loop-Magnifier-Jeweler-Loupe-/120577073994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c12f4234a

Thanks AJ. That does look like a useful tool to add to the collection. I do inspect them via naked eye each morning - both on top of the leaves and underneath. I've never seen any sort of insect on them other than lady bugs. I realize the nasties can be tiny, so I will reinspect more closely when the jewelers loop is delivered.

We're is agreement about the mites. Read my post again. :)

His plants are suffering from more than one problem.

Back