• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense trinidad scorpion butch t

A local greenhouse is adverising these plants...4 pack is $11.99. decent price?? I may go ahead and get them to grow on the balcony of my apartment.... For my birthday I got a neat little greenhouse with grow lights.....so I figure put it to use and get a couple of butch t's and acouple of Bhut jolokias....along with my topsy turvy tomato grower... and my herb assortment ....hell I'll have a flaming hot salsa growing on my balcony!!!! LOL

I went to my local garden shop today to get some calmag, which she insisted does not exist, and they had their list of hot peppers, the guy behind the counter and me were talking I said I have peppers growing hotter than on their list (bhut was their hottest) he laughed and said the bhut is the worlds hottest...........

A local greenhouse is adverising these plants...4 pack is $11.99. decent price?? I may go ahead and get them to grow on the balcony of my apartment.... For my birthday I got a neat little greenhouse with grow lights.....so I figure put it to use and get a couple of butch t's and acouple of Bhut jolokias....along with my topsy turvy tomato grower... and my herb assortment ....hell I'll have a flaming hot salsa growing on my balcony!!!! LOL
being that you are in ohio, I'm guessing this is Hirt's Gardens? 3 words: DON'T DO IT! I have heard nothing but horror stories about them, I heard tales of many attrocities committed by them, the least of which was not coming through on the variety promised! if u want to grow butch t, get the seeds from a reputable dealer or buy a starter plant from baker's or RFC, @ least from what I've heard they both always come through on the correct plants, yes it will cost more but at least you will get butch T;s and not cayenne or whatever else hirt's is trying to pass off this week!

I went to my local garden shop today to get some calmag, which she insisted does not exist, and they had their list of hot peppers, the guy behind the counter and me were talking I said I have peppers growing hotter than on their list (bhut was their hottest) he laughed and said the bhut is the worlds hottest...........

what these people don't internet access?

what these people don't internet access?

They have a facebook page, so I guess they do! I mentioned peppers like 7pots and scorpions, he basically laughed and said he had never heard of it. FFS they grow bhuts there, you think they would keep up...

get your seeds from the hippyseed company
order direct from neil in australia. only legit source I have 19 growing. down side is this variety grows slow as snail turds.......

yes it is Hirts. I called them yesturday and they say they have the Butch t's. I went to their website and they have it listed on there....but..... the picture of the pepper on the website looks more like a thai or a cayane pepper.....here is the link...:

http://hirts-gardens.hostedbywebstore.com/Trinidad-Scorpion-Butch-Pepper-Plants/dp/B0075NOYKC?ie=UTF8&id=Trinidad%20Scorpion%20Butch%20Pepper%20Plants&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&field_availability=-1&field_browse=2347088011&searchSize=12&searchNodeID=2347088011&searchPage=1&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchRank=salesrank

now in the past I have bought my habanero plants there and have had good luck...they are about 15 minutes away from me.

yes it is Hirts. I called them yesturday and they say they have the Butch t's. I went to their website and they have it listed on there....but..... the picture of the pepper on the website looks more like a thai or a cayane pepper.....here is the link...:

http://hirts-gardens...hRank=salesrank

now in the past I have bought my habanero plants there and have had good luck...they are about 15 minutes away from me.

Don't do it. Look in the vendor vault here and you'll find a thread about them. Nothing but horror stories about mislabeled plants. People even write complaints to them saying that they are mislabeling their plants and they continue to do nothing about it. Do not buy those Butch T plants.

That is one thing that I have experience with the Butch T's is they DO in fact grow slower than snail turds!!! I am experiencing that now. BUT, it will be totally worth it when it does finally decide to catch up. Some of my Hab's last year was hotter than satan's spit because they cross pollenated with some 7 Pots, Scorpion T's, White Habs, Choco Hab's. I know this because they had the heat of all of them and the smokeyness of the choco hab/white hab. Man, they had killer heat. I planted some of the same orange habs in the front yard away from the rest and they turned out just as they should. Cross pollination will get you every time. Really wasn't expecting that to happen, but I have learned from that experience.

http://hirts-gardens.hostedbywebstore.com/Trinidad-Scorpion-Butch-Pepper-Plants/dp/B0075NOYKC?ie=UTF8&id=Trinidad%20Scorpion%20Butch%20Pepper%20Plants&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&field_availability=-1&field_browse=2347088011&searchSize=12&searchNodeID=2347088011&searchPage=1&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchRank=salesrank

You can pretty much just ignore the pictures. They are not photos of pods taken by or grown by Hirts. The first is obviously not scorpions. The third picture on the link you listed is a photo of a Butch T pod I took for my review of Pepperlover.com's Butch T's. I don't know who took the second picture but I would guess it was not Hirts. So it will be hit or miss what they actually look like. For what it's worth I ordered plants from Hirts 2 years ago and everything grew true but I did not order any superhots from them ... those are the ones that soooo many people seem to complain abut not growing true.

I don't have any plants, but pm or email me & I'll be happy to send you some Trinidad Scorpion seed, but be ready to overwinter them, they do "grow slow as snail turds" but the wait is worth it!

dude I had some Thai Dragons cross breed to an un known parent. they were short round curled chillies
I called them fire crackers because they lit your mouth up.....

Back