• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Trinidad Scorpion flavor

Just tried my first scorpion last week, it tasted amazing! Not just the best tasting pepper I've ever had, but the best tasting fruit period. I am so disapointed they are to hot to eat regularly for me. So I was wondering, are there any milder peppers that have the same or similar taste? anything from 0 to habanaro would be great.

only way I could describe the flavor would be something like a red fruit gum, but even better.

You could try the Trinidad scorpion sweet. The one's I've tried have had the same smell and a very similar taste. They've still had some heat, but maybe 1/2 the heat of a habanero. 

I ate these last week, from Brian Knepper of Knepper`s Peppers. He is Justaguy on this forum. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93vAHIyf3I0

Nigel said:
I ate these last week, from Brian Knepper of Knepper`s Peppers. He is Justaguy on this forum. 
Awesome review Nigel. I actually just had 1 of JustaGuy's sweet scorpions yesterday, and found them to be exactly as you described in your video. I tried my 1st 1 from a box I got from pepperlover, and loved it. Threw me for a loop to begin with as the smell had me thinking it was going to hurt as it smelled like a scorp. My tolerance is only around hab hot or just above for whole pots, but the burn was well below hab hot. Would definitely make a great snacking pepper. Amazing flavour, very sweet taste straight up, and easily manageable heat level. 

The Trinidad perfumes come close, but a bit too smoky IMO. The sunrise scorpions are similar, in many opinions better, but those a really hot as well.

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestion.(thought I said thanks already but just noticed I didnt, sorry bout that)

I cant seem to find them online anywhere(1 place listed but out of stock) lll try to contact justaguy soon then.

thanks again.

Back