• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

trinidad scorpion pepper sprays?

Just a thought. Is anyone aware of a pepper spray made from Trini Scorps.? Man, this would be a great market to get into. Talk about putting someone down.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I have thought about making some non lethal rounds to fire through my 12 gauge using super hot powder[/background]

Sounds cool, but if you are planning on doing this for home defense, I think you are setting yourself up for legal issues.

If deadly force is justified, why the heck wouldn't you use it if your life is truly in danger. If deadly force isn't justified, you would have a lot of explaining to do to the prosecutor about why you fired a shotgun at someone, even if it was only filled with pepper, it is still a shotgun.

Fill the tube with buck shot IMHO and use it if you really need it.

I seriously doubt that the individual pepper will have enough Cap to cause the effects that pepper spray or CS gas causes. I can not remember the level of Cap that CS has but I am thinking that it is like 4M-5M so several times higher than the individual pepper.

That being said if you scraped out the yellow veins then dried that the total level of the powder might go above 6M of Cap; or higher. That would be some killer powder and potentially good for offensive use. But there is a problem with the delivery.

CS gas is molecular Cap; in other words it is very tiny and not dust but instead an aerosol that disperses with a slight low grade slow burning charge. The powder we could make would not be able to do that nor are we able to make the discharge powder that disperse it. A Shot gun charge with a encapsulated powder might cause discomfort for a short period for the impacted individual but nothing that is like CS.

The fumes that peppers while we cut the pepper up or scrape seeds or boil the peppers is molecular and just like CS gas is the thing that causes our nose to run and skin to burn and eyes to tear. But we can not collect it as far as I know other than to make the olisin gum after distilling peppers in a closed system. That is why the chemical guys have their jobs---to isolate the Cap to a usable material for the cops and the spray companies.

Sounds cool, but if you are planning on doing this for home defense, I think you are setting yourself up for legal issues.

If deadly force is justified, why the heck wouldn't you use it if your life is truly in danger. If deadly force isn't justified, you would have a lot of explaining to do to the prosecutor about why you fired a shotgun at someone, even if it was only filled with pepper, it is still a shotgun.

Fill the tube with buck shot IMHO and use it if you really need it.

Also realize that you'll be in the same, possibly enclosed, space as the intruder. So if the TS powder actually works, you'd better have your gas mask or rebreather and goggles on! A chili powder SLUG made to break 50 yds. downrange, now that might be kinda fun to launch at the annoying neighborhood kids or stray dogs/cats :twisted:

J/K. I don't recommend doing anything I just wrote so don't do it!

Back