• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense trinidad scorpion pod

I just noticed this pod yesterday. Its actually quite small but my first one with a distinctive tail on it. They sure are cool looking peppers but hot as hell:hell:
532318980cc13ad52daae6.jpg

dude that is one excellent looking pod! a shame it's true size is not as per the photo. how many of these grow per plant?

Good looking pepper.

What makes a scorpion pepper a scorpion?
I found a pod in Mexico at the Merida market that looked like a scorpion.
I smuggled some seeds back with me.
It had little pimples like the nagas and the shaped looked like a scorpion.
The thing was damn hot. But to be honest I could not tell if it was hotter the a regular Hab.
I'm trying to germinate the seeds.

IMG_2512.jpg

chilliman64 said:
dude that is one excellent looking pod! a shame it's true size is not as per the photo. how many of these grow per plant?

Quite a few. On my 1st harvest I got about 15. On the 2nd it was over 20.

trinidadscorpion.jpg

Philipperv said:
The flavor isn't even close to the Nagas. I grow them for the novelty and selling seed.

Selling seeds? You'll be pissing off a lot of generous seed traders if you start selling seeds that were likely given to you. I'll have lots of free seeds soon for trade or postage.

POTAWIE said:
Selling seeds? You'll be pissing off a lot of generous seed traders if you start selling seeds that were likely given to you. I'll have lots of free seeds soon for trade or postage.

You are making some broad assumptions there. Funny that you aren't knocking the growers who unabashedly hawk their seeds/hot sauces/powders here?

Back