• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Trinidad Scorpion pods

We received about a dozen of these pods from one of our friends. Let me start by saying these were some very tasty pods with loads of heat.
What I said before about these making red savinas not seem that hot I'll stick by. Can hardly wait to grow these this next season. Just to make sure we get some fiery pods we are going to seed 3 of these pods for more seed. We now have trinidad scorpion seeds donated by 3 different growers so we are hoping they are all as fiery as these
last ones.
Mick
Kato's

I wouldn't say fruity. I've heard from different sources on different habanero varients that they taste fruity. I tasted a lot of chiles over the years and always thought that habanero's have there own taste but I wouldn't describe it as fruity I tasted a small piece of 1 pod got that familar habanero flavor with loads of heat. I thought as I cut it up you could really smell the capsaicin inside.

Mick
Kato's

I can take some photo's. Everyone I 've seen they basically look a like. Red skirted with the little point at the end. They look innocent enough till you eat one.
I'll take a picture later today and post.

Mick
Kato's

trinadad

Here are the pictures of Trinadad Scorpion I promised

Mick
Kato's

Not sure if I did this correctly. Can't remember from the last time I posted a picture. That is why I don't do pictures

Mick
Kato's

You forgot the rest of the url code. Try coping the FULL address, also, since u are using Imageshack, you don't need to use thehotpepper's IMG tags.

They do pack a punch! I think even Kato would have thought maybe these are to hot. I tried again today just to see if they were really as hot as I thought. Yes they are very hot but I don't think they are anywhere near as hot as they the naga Morich (800,000 & some scoviles) and dorset (900,000+ scoviles) are. Read the article on the chileman's site very imformative.
I think the pic we took of the Trinidad Scorpion peppers is pretty good you can see the little tail under the skirting.

Mick
Kato's

OOOOOEEEEE!!!!!If that's the same T-Scorp from Butch T., then it's probably the hottest thing I ever tried, even the "chocolate" habs from the last 2-3 yrs (which are VERY penetrating). It did have a sweet-ish flavor, but not exactly 'fruity', though. We'll be growing them out this year along with the black congos, so there'll be seed from that availlable in Oct.

brookthecook

Back