chinense Trinidad Scorpion Sweet

It was just starting to turn red, but I could not wait.  Maybe it was my brain expecting sweet.  Not a lot of heat, maybe about like the high end of jalapeno but with the scorpion taste.  Thing is, what heat it has is a creeper.  At first, it seemed like a small crisp thin walled bell pepper, then the scorpion taste, then the heat.  I'd like to say they are a good stuffing pepper for poppers, but they are a bit on the small side for my preference.  I am going to say they would be great in salads or for dipping in a sauce and eating as is.

Have lots of pods now, but most are not fully mature.  So am sampling the ones that are close.  Maybe this one will get hotter as it matures.

Kind of curious though, there seems to be reviews and photos that show two different pod types.  Some show more of a scorpion shape than others.

I'm probably worse on the waiting thing-always munching at least a few green ones. Having a good yield and any flavor on a sweet pepper I would take it as success. Most I've raised has low yield and taste like bell pepper(just soon raise bell pepper). You have gave me thought that maybe next season raising some TS sweet. Hope to hear more in season from you on them.

A nice variety indeed. I've grown it a couple seasons ago.
Sure the "sweet" is deceiving... mine was low end habanero level and a creeper (original iso seeds by JAG):

Cya

Datil

Datil, that is about the shape I have.  There seems to be a strain with more of the classic scorpion shape.  Then again, I have grown Scotch Bonnet from very reputable sources and had no bonnet at all.  Flavor is important, but I really love the funky shapes.

Back