• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Trinidad Scorpion variance...

Hi guys, I've got two trinidad scorpion plants and the fruit looks quite different from one another. Not just that, even the leaves are a bit different. Is there any way to guess as to what strain of Scorp these might be close to? I dont even know what a pure scorp looks like to know which of these if they are hybrids, are a bit closer to the original scorpion. Any input welcome :)

Plant 1
1.jpg

2.jpg

Plant 2
3.jpg

Hey SV, They both look like scorpions. Not all pods have stingers. There is a lot variation between pods on the plant.

Sorry for the late reply. Forgot I asked the question about my scorps :( You know what, maybe my first plant is a hybrid of some kind because I tried one of the ripe pods (not whole or anything) and it was quite mild in comparision to other superhots. Its my first TS so I was not sure what to expect but I'd say it was only a bit hotter than a hot yellow hab. Maybe it was just that pod.

Hey SV, They both look like scorpions. Not all pods have stingers. There is a lot variation between pods on the plant.

Not all pods have the same heat level. As u have mentioned that it was your first pod. Then the heat level will be quite off. Wait around for the next few ones, maybe the next ones will get the heat u were expecting.

on my plant all pods looked like these pods .. i have about 8 plants only one was true pure strain the rest were like yours only few pods with tail so i started saving seeds from the one with more uniformed pods and used the others for cooking

hpim2023n.jpg

Back