• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Trinidad scorpions

hi guys here we have the original trinidad scorpion vs the butch butch is smaller but more nasty heat ....

editedhpim2433.jpg

editedhpim2434.jpg

both pods cut

editedhpim2439.jpg

Nice Pics Judy, I grow ButchT's but never knew that the smaller size was a common trait in the them, I just thought mine were runts lol good to know thats normal for them, thanks for the info :)

Nice looking pods.
Is there really an "original" trinidad scorpion, for me the original was the ButchT and then the SR, but those are just names of sources.
I know there is a landrace variety from Trinidad but which variety that is, is still unclear to me

I have a Trinidad Scorpion from Cross Country Nurseries/ChilePlants.com. Anyone know what strain they carry? Haven't looked at mine in a few days (the plant took forever to finally set flower to begin with, but when it did... it went f***ing nuts... :) ), but what I have so far I know have a more pointed "tail" kind of like the smaller one you posted... but then, peppers on the same plant may vary...

But then, I'd probably be better off double checking. Never know how much has changed with my Scorpion in the couple days I haven't really been paying attention to it. Will definitely give my garden another look tomorrow... hoping to see some new stuff to pick. My friends probably think I'm nuts for being so fascinated with peppers... but oh well, I hope that damn bacterial spot hasn't got too much worse since I last checked.

Nice looking pods.
Is there really an "original" trinidad scorpion, for me the original was the ButchT and then the SR, but those are just names of sources.
I know there is a landrace variety from Trinidad but which variety that is, is still unclear to me

the original one is the most known Trinidad scorpion this bigger thikker and more juicy, i like the taste more than the butch pod, the butch more nasty heat wihout the pleasing falvor, i dont think any company or seed suppliers sell the butch as butch variety they get them mixed but the pic tells you they are two differant varieties .

I find that general statements like this one is always bigger than that one doesn't work well with peppers. I cannot compare a Butch T scorp because I've yet to grow one but I can look at the three Trinidad Scorpion plants that I do have, two seed donors, and say without hesitation that some of the pods are quite large, some are probably considered average and some are downright small. Size of the pod isn't a good way to identify it.

I also suspect that not every pod produced on a Butch T Trinidad Scorpion is small.

Your peppers are quite beautiful Judy, thanks for sharing the picture of them.

the original one is the most known Trinidad scorpion this bigger thikker and more juicy, i like the taste more than the butch pod, the butch more nasty heat wihout the pleasing falvor, i dont think any company or seed suppliers sell the butch as butch variety they get them mixed but the pic tells you they are two differant varieties .

I actually believe the original or landrace Trinidad Scoprion is smaller and much more pimply than the one in the above pic. Check out Cardi's page for full description
http://www.cardi.org/images/public/resources/publications/Hotpepper_cat_2008.PDF

thnx for the comment i would say the pod size plays major rule in ID any variety what u think

I have to disagree with you on this Judy. I think size plays a minor role in pepper ID. Like I said I have three Trini Scorp plants that have a variety of sizes of the peppers, from large to small. In fact every one of my pepper plants has pods of different sizes.

Judy are you asking me what I think or are you saying you don't care what I think? Not exactly sure what "what u think" is supposed to mean. Thanks.

POTAWIE that is an excellent reference. I guess the Trinidad Scorpions I'm growing aren't the original ones as they're smooth skinned, much like the photo of the Trini Scorp in the first post by Judy. According to CARDI the skin is supposed to be rough.

Same thing with my T.S. Morouga. Their description says it's smooth skinned and mine look more like a large 7 Pod, very rough skin.

Thanks POTAWIE.

The moruga yellow and reds are much different than the Trinidad Sorpion Moruga(Morouga) and in my experience they are not really super-hots either. Excellent peppers though. Moruga or morouga is apparently the name of a region of Trinidad

The moruga yellow and reds are much different than the Trinidad Sorpion Moruga(Morouga) and in my experience they are not really super-hots either. Excellent peppers though. Moruga or morouga is apparently the name of a region of Trinidad

They identify unknown tarantulas in a similar way when they're first found, by location.

Thanks again for the link and the info POTAWIE.

Back