• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad & Tobago Varieties review

I to am very intrigued by the T&T varieties of peppers. Grew two of them this year, the 7 Pod and the T. Scorpion. Have seed for many more varieties next year:

7 Pod
7 Pod Orange
7 Pod Jonah
Trinidad Douglah
Trinidad Scorpion
Tinidad Scorpion Yellow
Trinidad Morouga Blend
Trinidad Congo
Trinidad Perfume
Tobago Seasoning

Also have Hot Nipples and Hot Cherries if those count. Still looking for Yellow 7 Pod if someone wants a trade.

Whats the difference from 7 Pod and 7 Pod Jonah?

That article was pretty cool. I hope to find out more about these type of peppers.

Very nice summary Riccardo. Thanks for sharing. I agree T&T is an amazing place for peppers. I really hope to visit there one day.

Chris

I have always wanted to visit as well, even before I knew about your amazing peppers. I used to have a picture of a sunset from Elizabethtown, Tobago (is that the right name Trini?) as my screensaver.

AJ if you read this, I sure think that orange 7-pod looks a lot like what you grew and weren't sure if it was a 7 or Scorpion.

I don't know for sure but I think the Jonah is just another 7 Pod strain from a different region in Trinidad. Riccardo in your pictures your first Trinidad Scorpion 1 T&T has that pimply skin like a 7 Pod, my scorpions were fairly smooth skined. Very nice selection of peppers, will you please list them in order of heat scale in your opinion. Tough job!

I've tried most of the Trinidad varieties and I really liked all of them. The ones that really stood out for me were the Douglah and the "Trinni lantern" as well as the red and yellow Morougas

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
.... Very nice selection of peppers, will you please list them in order of heat scale in your opinion. Tough job!

Hello!
well in my opinion Trinidad Scorpion 1 T&T was the hottest one, I've never experienced such pungency in my peppers.
At my latitude Trinidad Scorpions seems to give their best in therm of pungency ..more that Naga or Bhut..

At a lower level I can find both TS 2 T&T (smooth one) and Seven Pod Orange.

Finally the Trinidad Douglah, maybe not as pungent as the others, the plant was very healty but probably there was a lack of potassium and the pot too small..

:)

Has anyone tried Faria(Tobago Scotch Bonnet)peppers? Don't hear much about these peppers except see them in pictures of the pepper markets. You could grow a garden of only T&T varieties. Suprised you ranked the Douglah last, must not be a real one. All of the world only discovering these peppers except Trinidad & Tobago had them all along.

I think I'm going to need a bigger garden. I had no idea all these peppers existed.

PRF I sure hope you'll have some seeds to trade next year from all of those you mentioned.

If anyone knows where I could get some I'd appreciate a PM. Be happy to share in any I can get.

Yep, grew Faria in 2007. :) Nice pepper, but not my favorite of the T&T types.

Chris

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Has anyone tried Faria(Tobago Scotch Bonnet)peppers? Don't hear much about these peppers except see them in pictures of the pepper markets. You could grow a garden of only T&T varieties. Suprised you ranked the Douglah last, must not be a real one. All of the world only discovering these peppers except Trinidad & Tobago had them all along.

The Faria is a "common" farmed type, it is a commercial seed used by many farms for general market as it is supposedly robust and a high producer.

I love the flavour of the trinidad congo better than any other pepper (maybe except thefatalii/devilstongue.
and a great alround heated chilli.

My Tobago Seasoning plant is producing many great flavoured pepers..... with no heat. I have many requests from people here in australia for seeds from this plant.

I also have 3 x 7 Pods growing and they are just starting to get going. They really crave the heat. if its not over 30 deg c they dont grow. Cant wait to see what sort of peppers grow on them

I had a Scorpion plant started comming into winter earlier in the year but it..... and a 7 Pod. I also have hot cherry seeds that i will grow next year along with the scorpions.

cant wait

cheers

Back