• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Truck Patch?

Well folks Most of you know about my tomato and pepper plants. The amount of tomato plants I am going to plant compared to the last three seasons has tripled. Likewise with my peppers. And that is only the tip of the iceberg. I should have five to six hills of pumpkins, about the same in melons, two or three kinds of winter squash,Some summer squash, Green beans,Snap peas,corn,carrots, Radishes,turnips,cucumbers,red onions,salad greens,okra,herbs and God knows what else. Trust me I have enough room for it all.

The plan is certainly to can and freeze a bunch of stuff make salsa and sauces. But I hope to be able to take some of my produce to a local farmers market to sell. Also want to see if I can send some to the local Salvation Army for the food pantry so folks in need have a chance to get some fresh produce. I believe this garden is turning into what old timers use to call a truck patch. A large enough garden to sell produce and preserve some for the family. And extras for folks in need.

And then there is the local fair and also a Great Pumpkin Commonwealth Event in Dundee Michigan. The GPC event will not only have weigh ins for Giant Pumpkins but also Giant Squash,Tomato,Watermelon,Cantaloupe and long gourd.

To say the least I will be very busy this season.It is going to be a fun garden season this year. Lots of work and sore muscles and back and maybe even a blister or two. But it will be well rewarded at harvest time. Good luck everyone for a great harvest.And thanks again to folks that sent me seeds.I wont forget your generosity.

Kevin

Back