• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

True Bhuts?

Early in the year I bought what was supposed to be 25 Bhut Jolokia seeds from seed rack. I have never grown them and therefore didn't know but had a feeling they looked wrong. Pepp3rfreak checked them out and has told me they are some variety of Habanero. Has anyone else had this issue with Seedrack? And where can I get true Bhut Jolokia seeds?

best place to get true bhut jolokia's is from NMSU at http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/ . you can pretty much be assured that those will grow true.

personally; if i were ordering them, i'd get them from http://thehippyseedcompany.com/ since i'd also be able to get a few really cool varieties from him.

Thank you for the tip. I have over 250 of these non-bhuts coming in. At least they are Hot. When I tried a Devil's Tongue from Pepp3rFreak I realized it was hotter. That was my first tip I had been taken by Seedrack.

+2 on Neil at thehippyseeco! You wont get better customer service. He deals with people one on one, and will give you the best possible seeds.
Anyone on this site can tell you Im right here....if Neil sells you something, you can bet your paycheck it is what he says it is. PERIOD.

Well I come to surmise what I am growing is the Caribbean Red Habanero. I grew these last year but didn't this year, or so I thought. I will say these are a bit hotter, but that may because I let them go full red this year. And I too have noticed a large crop so far, plus I noticed less bug problems, so they are going to stick around for next year. Next year I get to finally try the Bhut I guess. The wait is the worst. lol

Hey Justaguy, good to see you out here posting! Yeah you got robbed by seedrack bro. I can hook you up with Bhuts or like the others have suggested thehippyseedcompany rocks, Neil is the best! I remember meeting him on youtube and asking him to come here and it's been the best thing as he supplies us with the best seed, video reviews, and humor!

Back