beer Trying a couple of other Stone Brewing Co beers this weekend

I just picked these up at BevMo and am anxious to try them out.
The 16th Anniversary IPA is 10% ABV so I am curious as to how it is compared to Double Bastard which is also 10% ABV.
At $6.99 per bottle it's not one I will be drinking often but when I do the taste buds get a treat that none of the big name beers can claim.
These guys sure are good brewmasters IMHO.

StoneBeers.jpg

I am drinking the Cali-Belgie IPA now and it is very good. It is different because of the Belgian yeast which gives it a spicy taste almost like nutmeg? :think:

Tried the 12yr anniversary this past weekend. One of the best IPA I've ever had! Not just a lot hops but well choosen ones. Only complaint is that it's $7.99 in Indy not $6.99. Still worth it.
Also tried their Imperial Russian Stout. Great ale for a chilly night warms you from the inside. Rich heavy flaver, the hops and roasted malts off set the heavy sweatness of the thick unroasted malt. It has enough mouth feel to make the Irish stuff seem watery, so thick it poors more like a syrup.

I'm not a fan of the Russian Imperial Stout. That stuff is too much. :shocked:
I like the extra heavy ales during the first autumn chills or the during colder winter nocs.They take the chill off the noc and they're filling, true liquid breads.
Do you get the 3 Floyds or DogFish Head in SF?

Have allready done so and yes it's great.

I second that. I just wished they wern't $5.99 per bottle but as the bottle says, "It's not too expensive, you're just too cheap." :rofl:

Try Stone's 'Double Bastard' sometime. It's 10.5% ABV and will give you a buzz with one bottle. ;)

Back